What's the weather in your area? 2013 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

31 this morning.....and they are talking snow.......sure looks like it as its grey and gloomy out there......

Here it is morning and yes we have had rain and there is some snow but it is 20 miles away. good thing no one here know how to drive in it.lol. Now here is hoping that the sun will come out later today and it is get up 45 cause it is 35 now. I'm ready for the 60's to come back winter was fun but I live in Austin remember weather dude.

Woke to another windstorm out of the WSW!
This one is worse then yesterday's with stronger more intense winds!
Looking at 40 to 50 mph with higher gusts in the 60+ range!
Clouds are rushing ENE at a quick pace!
30F
Expecting isolated blowing snow off and on all day....

Winds are picking up speed and are now 45 mph with peak gusts around 53 mph!
The winds shifted a bit and are now out of the SW!
The water level is rising with the surge action from the sustained winds!
Been watching the lake all morning and it is becoming very 'angry'!
Winds are howling and the house is vibrating and my ears keep popping from the change in air pressure!

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 350
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 347
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 339
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 366
Our cold snap broke and we have the rain back. I complain about so much rain, but I prefer the rain to that cold temperature.

great pics Ron! Very cold though ;)

today is 52 and 68 with ovecast skies but it should be a beautiful day. The grands are coming so we can play outside

21F and all's calm on the lake!
The winds died down last night!!
What a relief!
Mostly cloudy with moments of sun this a.m.
Ice formed last overnight and moved in to shore!
Low ice ridges are starting to form further out now that the water level dropped to normal.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 351
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 327
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 332
Good morning! It has stopped raining and is 41 this morning. They say the clouds will break and we will get some sun later today but our high is only going to 54. The weather dude says it will be sunny and up to 59 tomorrow. yeah. That is more like an Austin winter day.

Sunny and windy here today, mid 30's the snow is melting off the roof, suppose to be hi 40's by next weekend, maybe going to have our Jan thaw. I would like to see warmer temps for it tho....

It was slightly above freezing this morning, 34 degrees. It is still in the high 30's though with a cloudy sky. I don't think the weather guessers are considering show though.

It is 35 here and sunny again. We are to hit 60 today. I think we are going to have a nice day so maybe I can go out and rake the yard. We still have leaves on the trees here. Of course the live oaks don't loose there's till it is time to get more.

36F and raining!
We're going to have a meltdown this week!
Expecting highs in the upper 30's and lows around freezing!

34 going up to 59 but the good news is the lows are going to gradually increase back into the 40s

18F
Mostly cloudy.
No wind and the lake is calm!
Should clear up this afternon with a high of 30....

It was raining prettily heavy during the night last night but has tapered off to sprinkling at this point. The temperature is 48 degrees so we are running about ten degrees warmer than yesterday.

34F
Mostly overcaste with winds out of the SW!
Winds are 30+ mph with higher gusts!
Looks like it will be a windy week with these warm fronts moving through!!

Last edited:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back