What's the weather in your area? 2019 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
The guesses for the weekend keep changing daily! Now calling for 4-6" for Sat..with a high of 19..windchill 7....\Sunday 1-2"s with a high of 10....windchill -8.....\Mon 10...windchill -2 ....with no snow! So it is still up in the air on what we will finally get...it could even miss us if the storm tracks south of the Lakes!

Right now we are warming up 32...with flurries...looks like the 2"s missed us...winds out of the west...14 mph...windchill 21.
32 this afternoon...winds shift out of the NW....14 mph.....Partly sunny!
21 this evening...windchill 10....winds easing off.
16 overnight...windchill 9....light winds....

woodstock

17 this morning and sunny, going up into the low 30's
the weather guessers here too are having a hard time calling whats going to happen this weekend. it will include snow and ice around these parts. Im hearing anything from 2 inches to 30 inches. there will be a cold front coming in sat night and sunday morning as well as monday morning will be brutally cold, zero both days and highs about 20 but the wind chill factor will make that feel more like 20 below they say. sounds like a nasty weekend, and one that Ill be enjoying inside with lots of heat and good food, maybe some interesting movies

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like a good weekend to stay home....think I make some chicken soup!!
16 with mostly cloudy skies...light winds out of the east..windchill 7....a weak system will be skirting south of Lake Erie and might bring some light snow overnight...maybe 1 to 2 "s.
25 this afternoon...with cloudy skies..windchill 18.
25 this evening...isolated flurries...windchill 16...
28 overnight....winds shift out of the south as this weak system moves in...light snow...windchill 19.

Weakend: Sat high 18, low 10.....6-8"s (could be more or less depending on exact track)...Sun high 10...low -2....1-2" more or less....Mon high 9....low 0 and no snow, but winds will blow around what's on the ground....should be a day of serious drifting!

Going to do some shopping for supplies today so I won't have any need to go out!

woodstock

staying home this weekend, and watch the snow fly. we are finally getting totals of what we may get. they are talking 9 to 14 inches, starting sat night into sunday afternoon. might see 1/4 inch of ice as well as snow. talking 2 to 3 inches per hour for early sunday morning. then the temps drop down into the single digits and the wind picks up. and it dips below zero. like ron said, no need to go outside in that mess, just stay in, keep warm and do some cooking and watching tv. monday it will be below zero and a high of 9 maybe!!! it will be a skating rink out there. what a mess we will have. oh well, thats winter!!!!!

woodstock

have a dusting of snow this morning, its going up in the 30's so it will eventually all melt. the next store tho, looks like its going to be a duzzy. I see that Jim Cantore went from syracuse over to boston, so looks like the coast is going to be bad.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Coffee maker died this morning!!! :(
Oh well! I survived for 8 years so doesn't owe me anything except for a cup of coffee this morning! ;( Another trip to town at least the roads are clear.
Had around 2"s overnight...
27 with light snow...which should care out in an hour or so...light winds out of the west...windchill 19.
32 this afternoon with isolated flurries...winds picking up a bit...windchill 21.
27 this evening...clearing ....winds light out of the north...windchill 16.
18 overnight....isolated flurries...winds out of the NE....windchill 1.

The storm arrives at some point tomorrow morning...

PRH

a good ol 32 degrees with some blowing snow from the winds ( they say we will have a wintery weekend into the beginning of next week around here ) * still glad to be out of Florida *:)

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Phil! Nice to see you back! Major Winter Storm is moving in! Could get 12"s when it is all said and done! Strong winds expected, so there should be a lot of drifting later on today.....

18 with 9 mph winds out of the NE...with steady snowfall...windchill 7.
18 this afternoon...winds kicking up 20 mph+ out of the NE..windchill 3.
18 this evening....winds 22 mph+....windchill 0...
12 overnight....winds 25 mph+ out of the north...windchill -8...BRRRRR!

Temp will continue to drop as the system moves out... 9 for the high tomorrow...windchill-13!

woodstock

hi phil welcome back!
its 31 here but it feels like snow and thats what we are going to get, lots, maybe 2 feet, but more ice so maybe less. its supposed to start today this afternoon and pick up in intensity overnight with 2 to 3 inches per hour. then tomorrow the winds pick up and its going to drop down to zero but with the windchill factor alot less. I see that maine will also get mega snow, so laurie be careful and dont take any chances. be safe everyone!

woodstock

28 here this morning. the storm appears to be over now here. temps will drop tonight like a rocket. below zero tomorrow. I have about 6 inches with a layer of ice on top. power is good so far.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's over....it was very windy...hard to say the exact amount of snow with all the drifting....maybe 12"s!!! The dig out begins...

7F <--which is our high for today..... with isolated flurries and 11 mph winds out of the north...windchill -9.
7 this afternoon... winds picking up to 17 mph out of the NW...windchill -11...isolated flurries...
1 this evening...winds shift back out of the north at 19 mph.....windchill -20.
-2 overnight.....winds shift out of the NW at 18 mph...windchill -24.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was way too cold last night to watch the eclipse...did go out to have a quick look..it was 3/4 dark around 11:20 pm!

-4F with sunny skies....very light winds out of the west..windchill -17.
12 for the high this afternoon....mainly sunny...l2 mph winds shift out of the NW...windchill -4.
7 this evening....windchill -8.
0 overnight...light winds shift back out of the west.....windchill-11......

The polar vortex ends tomorrow with a high of 27!!!!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
-8 with mix of sun and clouds...very light winds out of the north..windchill -8.
27 this afternoon..mix of sun and clouds..light winds shift out of the east...windchill 16.
27 this evening...clouding over with isolated flurries..winds shift out of the south..windchill 14.
28 overnight with snow...winds picking up at 14 mph...windchill 18.
Snow changing over to rain...temp 34....39 for the high, rain with gusty winds

woodstock

brutally cold here the past two days, zero mornings and no higher than 11 both monday and tues, but today is 18 and we are expecting rain instead of the snow they predicted it will shoot up into the high 40's today and tomorrow. something else brewing for the weekend again. its a real roller coaster ride here now. we did pretty good on the weekend storm tho, 8 inches and at least an inch of ice. hope everyone got to see the super red wolf moon sunday night it was pretty cool to see.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
We're into a melt down with the latest storm system....didn't get the snow they predicted as the temp rose too quickly overnight...
36 with rain...so glad it wasn't snow...light winds out of the south..windchill 28.
41 this afternoon with rain...winds will pick up out of the south around 19 mph...
41 this evening with rain...winds 21 mph.....
32 overnight...rain changing over to snow..winds shift out of the SW...windchill 21.
Total rainfall around 1 inch!
Flurries for tomorrow...

Looks like we might get something this weekend...

So glad I did my road trip yesterday!!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
After going up to 43F yesterday we are slowly dropping down again...rained off and on all day....lot of the snow melted!
Got around an inch earlier this morning!
30F with light winds out of the NW...overcast with the chance of more flurries...windchill 19.
30 this afternoon with winds shifting out of the west at 15 mph...mostly cloudy with a windchill of 19
27 this evening...isolated flurries... winds out of the west at 17 mph...windchill 16.
19 overnight with isolated flurries...winds 23 mph....windchill 1.

Snowy system for the weekend...looks like a few inches each day....peaking one Sunday!.....high by Monday 10!

woodstock

shot up to 50 today with pouring rain, so got rid of alot of snow, but tonight its going to drop so might get snow but for sure icey roads tomorrow morning. more snow over the weekend and another storm on tues.

my coffee pot also died a month ago so I understand how you feel Ron, mine was about 12 yrs old.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
my coffee pot also died a month ago so I understand how you feel Ron, mine was about 12 yrs old.
Yup! Had that momentary panic!!! Having tea instead just doesn't do it! :)
Cold Arctic Air moving in from the NW...

21 ...winds out of the west at 16 mph with higher gusts...a bit of sun...dark clouds to the south...windchill 7.
21 this afternoon...winds pick up to 22 mph.. isolated flurries/snow squalls....windchill 5.
16 this evening...winds continue out of the west...19 mph...flurries/maybe squall activity...windchill -2.
9 overnight...winds easing off a bit..flurries....windchill -8!
Wall furnace will be working overtime again tonight....

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
10 with hazy sunshine...light breeze out of the NW...windchill -2.
19 this afternoon...light winds out of the west...partly cloudy...windchill 9.
18 this evening...light winds out of the SE...isolated flurries..windchill 7.
18 overnight with light snow...light to moderate winds out of the SW....windchill 5...1-2 inches maybe...

Extreme cold air returns by Weds!

woodstock

20 here this morning and grey. they say snow is on the way for this afternoon, not much tho. another storm is coming on tues into wed and that could be anything from 3 to 6 inches. extremely cold artic air comes back down after the next storm on tues into wed. ugh I am longing for springtime now. had enough of winter!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com