What's the weather in your area? 2019 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
This week we have 3 systems that are going to bring a mixed bag of snow/freezing rain/ rain then back to snow!...CRAP!
21 with more cloud than sun....more thick haze then clouds...light winds out of the south...windchill 14.
27 for this afternoon...with sunny breaks..light winds shift out of the east...windchill 21.
23 this evening with light snow..maybe an inch...winds shift out of the NE at 10 mph....windchill 12.
23 overnight with light snow...maybe another inch.....winds NE 10 mph..windchill 12.
25 and snow done with....winds NE 14 mph...windchill 12...
Monday mainly cloudy...bit of a pause before the next system..will know more as it nears as to the exact track of the Colorado Low!

woodstock

29 grey and gloomy here this morning. snow starting tomorrow morning light at first, then picking up in the afternoon, they are saying 4 to 7, but during tues night it changes to freezing rain so ice for a while, geez, I hate when it changes to ice. then we get this heart attack sort of snow. I hope that groundhog is right about an early spring.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Missed out of the snow last evening and overnight...no great loss! Next system on the way overnight and into tomorrow. It is going to be quite the mix!.....can throw in strong winds too!
Off to do some grocery shopping.....
27 with overcast skies...winds out of the east 14 mph...windchill 18.
30 this afternoon..winds shift out of the NE..16 mph...windchill 18.
25 this evening...winds shift out of the east 17 mph...windchill 10.
23 overnight with snow....winds 19 mph....windchill 9.....long hours of ice pellets by morning...then freezing rain... rain....then back to snow for Weds!!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Everything is pretty much shut down this morning! Got 4 inches overnight and so far this morning, now it's freezing rain and ice pellets..will change back and forth...winds are not too bad out of the east...expecting everything to turn to rain for awhile late afternoon before it turns back to freezing rain and ice pellets than snow....

25 with heavy snow...winds out of the east at 16 mph...windchill 12.
34 this afternoon...mixed precip...winds 17 mph...windchill 23...
36 this evening with rain..winds shifting out of the SE at 23 mph....windchill 23.
25 overnight with snow...winds 34 mph out of the SW....windchill 7.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
After the messy weather yesterday and torrential rain last evening...we are into snow, blowing snow and white out conditions with some very gusty winds! Another good day to stay ome!

27 with light snow...winds out of the SW with peak gusts of 50 to 60 mph!! She's howling out there!! Windchill 14.
27 this afternoon with pretty much the same except the winds will be picking up...winds shift out of the west... windchill 12.
27 this evening ...pretty much the same...with snow , blowing snow and gale force winds........
23 overnight...winds easing off to 18 mph with higher gusts...isolated flurries....windchill 9...
Clearing by morning!

woodstock

had a snow ice storm here. about 5 inches of snow then lots of ice on top. yesterday the sun came out and we did get some melting. but the winds also were howling and snow squalls in the afternoon. Im sick of winter now. looking forward to some spring weather. hope that happens soon.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
We can only wish, Woodie! We still have a way to go!
28 with hazy sunshine...light winds out of the SW...windchill 23.
36 for the afternoon...mostly cloudy...winds light out of the SE....windchill 28.
A weak system moves in...rather disorganised!
36 this evening...winds picking up out of the south...mixed precip....windchill 27.
37 overnight ...mixed precip....winds 21 mph....changing over to just showers by morning...windchill 25.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wind Warning issued this morning...good gusty 50 mph winds coming in out of the SW as a cold front passes through...expected to ease off later on today...it got up to 43 last evening and overnight.
37 and mostly cloudy this morning...winds out of the west..and getting gusty...windchill 30.
36 this afternoon and dropping...isolated flurries....winds out of the west at 23 mph with higher gusts...windchill 25.
27...winds easing up at 20 mph with higher gusts...windchill 12.
23 overnight ...with flurries...winds out of the west 15 mph...windchill 10.
Something coming our way on Sunday...depends on the track it takes...

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fairly calm weekend! At least most of it....next snow maker moves in late Sunday with flurries....right into Monday. Not expecting much snow and the temps will not be too cold!! Winds light to moderate out of the NE...maybe 4 inches total with some drifting..
Another system moves in for Weds/Thursday.. to early to say what we might get...

25 with mix of sun and clouds...light winds out of the NW...windchill 14.
28 this afternoon with mix of sun and clouds...with light winds....windchill 19.
23 this evening...light winds shift out of the NE....windchill 12.
16 overnight...next to now winds out of the NE...windchill 5.

woodstock

we are getting snow later here in NY. maybe 4 inches it will snow sunday afternoon into monday morning. then another storm wed night into thurs. that will start as soon and change to sleet. geez when is winter over with?????

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe 5 inches here too!!!
23 with high thin clouds....winds out of the east at 10 mph...windchill 12.
30 this afternoon with light snow ...winds shift out of the NE.at 16 mph....windchill 18.
25 this evening with snow...winds 17 mph...windchill 10.
21 overnight with light snow...winds 18 mph...windchill 7...
Tomorrow morning 21....winds out of the north at 16 mph...with flurries..

Looks like a warmup is possible for next weekend!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Started snowing around 8pm last evening.....just a a light steady snowfall....still snowing this morning, but tapering off....got around 4 inches...

19.. light snow falling....light winds out of the north....windchill 9 with a bit of sun peeking through the cloud cover.
25 this afternoon a bit of sun... with flurries....light winds shifting out of the NW...windchill 16.
18 this evening...light winds...windchill 5.
7 overnight....not much of a wind....windchill -2.

woodstock

started snowing at 9pm here last night Ron. came down all night but only ended up with about 4 inches, which is enough for me. its nice light fluffy snow so easy cleaning off the car. going down to 13 tonight ugh might be better than what you will get.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like you are getting what we get get only several hours later! :)

Texas Low on the way for tomorrow...starting with a few hours of snow, then changing over to freezing rain for several hours...doesn't look good!! :(

18 with hazy sunshine....winds light out of the SW...windchill 12.
25 this afternoon...mostly sunny with cloudy periods...light winds...windchill 16.
21 this evening...light winds shift out of the south...windchill 12.
18 overnight ...light winds shift out of the east....windchill 9.

Snow starts at some point in the early morning...10 mph winds out of the east....21F ....windchill 10.
Could see 4 inches before it changes over to freezing rain ...expecting .16 inches of ice formation.

PRH

Hi guys, just read though your welcome waves!! It's cold, it's snowing, roads are not good to drive on currently and well.... it is still February after all -- but we are closer to better weather then we were! Anette called off work today ( she found a part-time job in a clothing store recently and seems to love it ) :) I have been working around the place I rented part-time ( as there are a lot of those where I am ) --- ( I need something to do besides look out my window ) :cool: * Despite the weather,I still say it beats Living in The Villages of Florida * ( I must be crazy to say that but, what is normal anyways ) :D:)
Anyways, I am working on getting a band together again ( I had 1 before I moved to Florida and those guys have moved onto other bands now but, we keep in touch ) Anette asked me if she could join my band as a singer ,so.... ( I'm working on things there ,as I can.... )
We had a low of 10 overnight and when I awoke there was no snow to be seen anyplace, then it started coming down and we have a good amount out there with very icy roads and snow . ( the road crew has not done much to help remove that but,I'm sure they will be out when things sorta calm down alittle ) * a winter day I guess we have today ,by looks of things and Anette made a pot of veg. soup for later today ( made the house feel warmer by just smelling it in the kitchen ) * :cool: You all stay warm out there and be safe -- Spring will be here soon ,folks and I'm ready for nicer weather around here! Take care and I'll do the same.........

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Phil! We're waiting for the latest Texas Low to arrive....it is slower moving than predicted....expecting a longer period of freezing rain then what they predicted...The latest news it that a short period of snow at some point early afternoon which will quickly change over to freezing rain....which will last for several hours into this evening....going to be deadly for those driving home from work.....
A band sounds great, and if Anette can join you, even better....hope things work out for the two of you!! :)

Still too early to think about gardening! ;)

Dropped to 10 last night...nice full moon!
25 with overcast skies...winds light out of the east...windchill 14.
32 this afternoon ...quick snowfall, changing to ice pellets then freezing rain....winds 13 mph out of the SE...windchill 23.
34 this evening with freezing rain changing over to just rain around mid-night...winds 14 mph....windchill 25.
36 overnight...winds shift out of the SW at 22 mph ...with just rain....windchill 25.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
We didn't get much in the way of snow....just a trace...the freezing rain started early evening and continued for a few hours before changing to rain as the temp went up....this latest winter storm was a dud!
36 overcast skies with light winds out of the SW....windchill 28.
36 for this afternoon with possible sunny breaks....winds shift out of the west at 18 mph....windchill 25.
30 this evening...winds 11 mph...windchill 19.
23 overnight...winds light out of the west....windchill 14.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like a 2 day break with sunny, mild temps and very light winds, before a nasty Texas Low arrives on Sunday....it'll be a Wind and Rain event in the severe category! So far: expecting 60 to 75 mph (that will be sustained winds) out of the SW...Will know more tomorrow as the system get closer!

27 with sunny skies...winds light out of the west...windchill 25.
36 this afternoon with sunny skies...light winds shift out of the SW. ...windchill 30.
28 this evening...very light winds shift out of the north....windchill 27.
25 overnight...winds out of the NE.....windchill 18....

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Waiting to see what happens tomorrow...hoping it won't be as bad as they are saying it will be!
30 with hazy sunshine..light winds out of the east...windchill 21.
43 this afternoon..light winds...windchill 36.
37 this evening with showers...winds shift out of the SE...windchill 28.
37 overnight with light rain..winds picking up 14 mph...windchill 28...
46 by morning...winds out of the SW..25 mph...scattered showers...windchill 37...
Then the fun begins!
Sustained winds out of the SW at 47 mph with higher gusts....more tomorrow!

woodstock

had yet another snow storm on wed. snow and ice, yuck. thats all melted as its been 40 here the past two days. more junk coming this way tonight. snow, mix, ice blah blah blah. then high winds on wednesday. 50 to 55 MPH. I might end up in kansas!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com