What's the weather in your area? 2019 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Warming up....but it won't last!

28 with mostly cloudy skies...light winds out of the NW...windchill 21.
36 this afternoon with mostly sunny skies...winds shift out of the SW..at around 14 mph..windchill 27.
28 this evening....winds easing off ...windchill 18.
25 overnight...windchill 16.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Colorado Low is moving in!
Not sure what to expect except that the temps will go upwards!
Showers possible.

30 with light winds out of the SE...mainly cloudy..windchill 27.
45 this afternoon....mainly cloudy...winds shift a bit out of the south...windchill 41.
41 this evening...winds shift back out of the SE....windchill 37.
39 overnight...light winds continue out of the SE...windchill 34.
41 by morning....with showers...windchill 36.

woodstock

went to SC to my aunts memorial, she passed away a few weeks ago. it was actually cold and wet there, days of rain but they are getting 70 now.

unfortunately I came home to snow, heavy wet disgusting snow!!!! but monday it was in the mid 40's and sunny. the rest of the week looks a tad warmer, fri they say will rain and be 60!!! now even with rain that would be nice. if I could just do something to make the thermometer stick at 60???
but maybe we have turned a corner. I sure hope so!

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have been having days in the 70's and nights in the 50's. It will change to days in the 60's and nights in the 40's tomorrow. Back in with the plants. At least I haven't lost any yet. I have tomatoes set on already. Hoping to save them.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Lyn!
We are still in the war between winter and spring! Having a warm temps today until Friday, warm temps are still fewer than the colder temps....back into the low 30's for the weekend and into next week!

37 with mix of sun and clouds...sun won't last long as the Colorado Low moves in...not much of a wind out of the east.
55 this afternoon with light rain...winds out of the south...windchill 50.....
52 this evening..with possible thunderstorms....winds picking up at 23 mph with higher gusts....
45 overnight with possible thunderstorms....winds increasing with higher gusts....

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got up to 57 yesterday!
It was a nasty night with cells passing through....we had moments of heavy downpours...some lightning and sharp winds....the treat of twisters were possible but none in our area close to the lake! The rains are pretty much gone, and now all we have a wind warning...could still see some lingering showers until the cold front passes through later on today.

43 with overcast skies....winds 12 mph+ out of the west...windchill 36.
43 this afternoon...winds 22 mph+ shifting out of the SW....possible showers..
37 this evening...winds 28 mph+ .....possible mixed precip....windchill 25.
28 overnight ...winds 22 mph+ out of the west. ...with isolated flurries....windchill 14.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dusting of snow last night!

30 with some sun and clouds.....light winds out of the west...windchill 19.
36 this afternoon...mostly cloudy...winds 19 mph out of the west....windchill 25.
28 this evening...winds continue out of the west...15 mph...windchill 16.
21 overnight....winds easing off at 11 mph...windchill 10.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Still below seasonal temps....looks like that will change this coming week! Just need to wait to get there.....weds 41, thurs 41, fri 45.....with lows above freezing!!! :)

27 with clouds and sun...winds light out of the NW...windchill 19...with flurries.
36..mix of sun and clouds....isolated flurries...winds ramp up 12 mph out of the SW....windchill 25.
30 this evening...10 mph winds out of the west....isolated flurries...windchill 21.
23 overnight..winds light out of the SW...windchill 16.

woodstock

went to PA this weekend to visit my cousin and had snow squalls going down and coming back, geez, wish mother nature would catch up with the time of yr. turn off the snow and turn on the warmth!!! its 24 this morning and they are talking snow on friday. its been so windy here with 40 mph winds this weekend.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, it is still March, and March is a very unpredictable month! The war between winter and spring continues!

28 with overcast skies...light winds out of the SW...windchill 27.
37 this afternoon with rain, or snow....winds shift out of the west at 10 mph ...maybe a half inch...
32 this evening...clearing skies...winds west at 8 mph. ...windchill 25.
27 overnight...winds shift out of the SW at 10 mph...isolated flurries....windchill 16...maybe a half inch...

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Had a few snow squalls pass through yesterday....none of the snow stayed around long!

32 with sunny skies for a change...very light winds out of the SW...windchill 30.
43 with sun and clouds....isolated showers possible/ or wet snow....winds 13 mph coming in off the lake...windchill 36.
34 this evening...winds 11 mph out of the SW...windchill 25.
27 overnight...winds shift out of the south 10 mph...windchill 25.

Warmer tomorrow with a high of 46...

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Happy 1st Day of Spring!!

Another sunny morning....lots of frost on the rooftops and cars this A.M!
Definitely an upward trend happening!

34 with clear skies....light winds out of the south...windchill 28.
46 this afternoon...mix of sun and clouds...winds shift out of the SW 10 mph.....windchill 41.
39 this evening with a mix of rain and snow...light winds shift out of the SE...windchill 36.
37 ovenightwith light rain...winds 10 mph shift out of the south...windchill 30.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
It managed to get up to 50 yesterday under sunny skies and light winds!!

41 with overcast skies...faint winds out of the SE...windchill 37.
45 this afternoon mainly cloudy...light wind out of the SW...windchill 39.
39 this evening...mainly cloudy...winds 10 mph out of the SW...
34 overnight with isolated flurries...winds shift out of the west 10 mph.....

PRH

Was a very nice sunny day with the temps in the low 50's gaveway to showers over night and so far, it has been a grey day here with temps in the lower 40's. ( have no idea what the weather will continue being for today -- weather has a mind all it's own anymore it seems like ) Things are so dirty from the winter currently here. ( my car is a good example of that, sadly --- so hard to keep them clean in March anyways... ) Anette,got herself alittle red Honda recently ( it's a 2017 model ) She just loves it !:D -- it's 3 years newer then my car - go figure there - but,I'm happy for here and she does let me drive it sometimes too!!:)
Things are going well, but busy ( I would not have it any other way there ) :cool: My job around the complex here is going well overall but, am looking for something better ( staying with this until I find it -- that way I still have a job to go too for starters )
- Just thought I'd show myself again and wave Hello once again too! -
Ya'll have a great day and I'll be around again too ( it's a pleasure, always )
Phil

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Phil! It is always a pleasure to hear from you!
Nice to see you and Anette are settling in nicely!
The weather continues to be unpredictable...so I'm just going with the flow!
36 with a mixed bag for today...cloudy with light wind out of the west...windchill 28.
39 this afternoon with mix of snow and rain....winds shifting out of the NW at 20 mph....windchill 30.
28 this evening with gusty winds continuing out of the NW..windchill 14.
19 overnight...with winds easing off a bit...windchill 5...

woodstock

Happy spring. not so north of here and VT, lots of snow happening there. we escaped it with just rain. super windy today. gloomy but hear the sunshine is on the way. Ill believe it when I see it. looks like a warming trend the end of next week. looking forward to that for sure.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Had an hour, or so, of big fat wet snow yesterday....with windy conditions...none of the snow stayed as it melted on contact!
Didn't see any sun with the cloud cover!

23 with clear sunny skies...with cold winds out of the NW...windchill 10.
39 this afternoon with winds shifting out of the west...windchill 30.
34 this evening...windchill 23.
30 overnight....winds shifting out of the SW....windchill 19.

More seasonal temps this coming week....high of 50 by Thursday...

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
The temps are more seasonal, but the winds makes it feel more like winter with the windchill!

36 with mostly clouds...winds out of the SW....windchill 30.
45 this afternoon cloudy with sunny breaks....winds picking up again..14 mph out of the SW...windchill 37.
39 this evening...winds shift out of the west..13 mph...
25 overnight...winds shift out of the north....windchill 12!

woodstock

yesterday was lovely, 60 and I got to open up some windows for a while.
42 this morning but not going up much more today. but spring is around the corner, by the end of the week more 60's so we are going in the right direction.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com