What's the weather in your area? 2019 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Raining again!

46 with heavy overcast skies...14 mph winds out of the SE...windchill 39.
48 this afternoon..with light rain...winds 16 mph out of the east..windchill 41.
45 this evening with rain...windchill 37.
43 overnight.....with rain..windchill 36.
45 by morning with rain...

Next dry sunny day...maybe Weds...or Thursday! Then back to rain again on Friday!

woodstock

still nothing much but rain and heavy at times. I did get wed to pop some flowers into the ground tho. snow in the mtns north NY and VT. crazy to hear snow in mid may. more rain to come really need to dry out soon. everything is like a sponge

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
With all the rain we need at least 3 days of dry sunny skies to dry the soil enough to till and dig! Just too sloppy wet to do anything! I did manage to get some pots ready for planting!

45 and raining ...light winds out of the east....windchill 39.
46 this afternoon with rain....
45 this evening with rain.....winds shift out of the SW around 12 mph...
43 overnight with rain....winds shift out of the north around 14 mph...

The weather is dull and boring, and great for migraines!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rain again today! It'll be off an on all day, but clearing overnight! Might see a bit of sun this afternoon but not much!

43 with light rain....light winds out of the north....windchill 37.
54 with a bit of sun....isolated showers...light winds shift out of the SW..
48....might see the sunset for a change...isolated showers...light winds out of the south.
41 overnight and clearing....windchill 37.

Looks like a good run of sunny days starting tomorrow...with some isolated showers....winds stable out of the SW....in the 60's by
Friday...long weekend looks fairly dry with scattered showers here and there...

PRH

I hear ya over migraines,Ron ---- so sorry we deal with that crap there! The temp. here is not all that bad ( 50's ) ,but with rain. They tell us it will be rain free here the next few days with temps. in the mid to upper 70's but we can expect that good ol rain again to move in over the weekend again and make it all wet again!:( ( getting so tired of rain ) So,I am planning to go do some mowing tomorrow afternoon so that when the rain comes against will have a chance to grow as well!:rolleyes: Anette even is getting tired of our rain here but,it's not much better back in her stopping grounds of Denmark either from what some of her friends back there tell her! < The weather is dull and boring -- yep, you hit that on the mark there.Ron > :) Try to make the most out of your day today ,folks -- whatever your plans there and I will do the same.....!!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
With all the rain the ground is too soppy wet to do anything...need to do some plant moving and can't even do that. All the rivers and the Great lakes are at historically high levels....things are looking bad for anyone living along the shore lines...with a lot of flooding and erosion.....The farming season is a good 2 to 3 weeks behind with all the flooded fields!!
I'm sitting it out waiting, impatiently, for the sun to come out long enough so things can dry out enough to do ''something"! Have a bad feeling that when it does warm up it is going to be ghastly humid!! :(

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
48 with the sun peeking out through the cloud cover...light winds out of the SW.
57 this afternoon with isolated showers and some sun....winds picking up at 14 mph....windchill 54.
52 this evening with possible thunderstorms...winds shift out of the west at 13 mph...windchill 43.

woodstock

finally had sunshine yesterday even tho it wasnt so warm until about 4pm. woke up to sunshine again this morning but rain lateron and all friday. it will be warmer today tho, about 70 so thats a plus!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like the warming trend will continue! Long weekend looks great ....will hit 70 by Sunday.....still...expecting a bit of rain each day .....I can finally shut off the gas to the furnace!
50 with clear sunny skies...very light winds out of the north....
57 this afternoon...mostly sunny with a few isolated showers...light winds shift out of the SW.
54 this evening...isolated showers....winds shift out of the SE 13 mph.
54 overnight with possible thunderstorms...winds shift out of the SW..15 mph.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
They keep saying we will have a warm up but it isn't happening! Looks like we are getting more rain tomorrow....then a high of 70 on Sunday (just for one day) Then we drop down again into the mid to high 50's! GRRR!
59 this morning and they are saying it will be our high for today :( ...light winds out of the west....at least it will be mostly sunny with no rain.
59 this afternoon...11 mph winds out of the west...sunny with cloudy periods.
59 this evening...8 mph winds out of the NE.
45 overnight...light wind 7 mph winds out of the NE.

Tomorrow morning ...isolated showers with sunny breaks.

PRH

Well,that rain moved in as they said it would and made everything all wet a soggy again! Currently, it's raining and in the lower 60's and will give way to some sun later on during the day with temps in the upper 70's . Tomorrow they tell us Gusty winds all day with temps in the mid 60's. ( and I wanted to move back from Fl to OH ---- I'm not sorry I did that move back, just would like to see a few dry sunny days here soon )
Anyways,I got some yards mowed back on Wed. of last week as I last spoke of doing ( the damp and rainy weather will help it grow again - also stated something like that in my last post ) Have a wonderful weekend all.......

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Doubt if we get any rain today...the system is staying well south of Lake Erie!
54 with mostly cloudy skies... light winds out of the east.
57 this afternoon with mix of sun and clouds....winds shift out of the NE.
55 this evening....winds kicking up a bit...windchill 52.
50 overnight...winds shift out of the south...windchill 46.

They keep on saying it will warm up to the low 70's tomorrow...I'm in the 'wait and see' mode!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Going to be a hot humid day today! Expecting thunderstorms to develop later in the day! Could become severe as a brutal system out of the SW moves in!
73 with hazy sunshine...humidex already 81...light winds out of the the south.
75 or higher, for this afternoon...humides 86....11 mph winds out of the south.. Severe thunderstorm warning will more then likely be issued at some point today. It'll be a wait and see what happens since the the air will become very unstable and ripe for storms to develop!
66 this evening, clouding over with rain...humidex 72.... winds 20 mph out of the SW...
55 overnight with rain......

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
No thunderstorms, and just a few moments of rain after the heat and humidity moved out, as a cold front passed through last evening! It was a lovely warm day! Got a few things done in the gardens! It hit 84 with a 89 humidex, but with the breeze is was liveable!!

59 this morning with hazy sunshine and clouds to the south...could see a shower or two until the clouds move out...light winds out of the SW.
59+ this afternoon with winds picking up to 19 mph...mix of sun and clouds.
52 this evening...winds shift out of the west at 15 mph....windchill 46.
43 overnight...winds easing off a bit ...windchill 37.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mid to high 60's and low's in the high 40's and mid 50's all week! Well, at least so far...it can change quickly depending on the track of the systems coming our way!

52 with deep blue skies...haven't seen that shade in awhile...light winds out of the NW...not a cloud in sight.
63+ for this afternoon with clear sunny skies... light winds shift out of the west.
54 for this evening with clear skies.
45 overnight...winds shift out of the east.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cloudy morning with rain on the way this evening...Expecting thunderstorms, possibly severe ones with this latest system out of the SW!
55 mostly cloudy...light winds out of the east...
64 this afternoon with isolated showers....easterly winds at 13 mph.
59 this evening...winds shift out of the south...scattered thunderstorms...
55 overnight with thunderstorms...
57 by morning with thunderstorms...winds out of the SW.

woodstock

we had two sunny days in a row, amazing!!! but back to rain for lateron today. everything is so wet here, we need a good week without rain and warm temps and that doesnt seem to be happening. half way thru may and the weather is still lousy. I have had the heat on several nights to take the chill out of the house. hopefully this weekend will be rain free for the memorial holiday weekend. this is corn country around here and with the flooded fields dont see any action there. on the news looks like most farmers will be behind on planting crops. that means higher prices for us or lack of product. not a good scenerio for anyone. I go blueberry picking and we need some good hot weather to ripen and sweeten up those berries. so hurry up mother nature, get a move on. less rain more sunshine!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Been waiting for the system to arrive and it sounds like it will be here in a half hour..or sooner! The rumbling and booming is getting closer! Warning was issued for strong thunderstorms with gusts to 53 mph...hail possible!
63 with thunderstorms moving in...light winds out of the SW....getting pretty dark.
64 this afternoon with thunderstorms..winds kicking up to 22 mph.
61 this evening....light winds out of the west.
52 overnight....and 54 by morning.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was just one line of thunderstorms that passed through....pretty much over with after an hour! Turned up not too bad the rest of the day and even got up to 72!

57 with clear sunny skies...light winds out of the NW.
64+ this afternoon...winds shifting out of the SW at 10 mph.... mainly sunny .
55 with clouds starting to move in...winds easing off.
52 overnight with light rain....winds shift out of the east.

55 by morning with scattered thunderstorms....winds shifting out of the east......high 70+...humidex 75....with thunderstorms.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thunderstorms earlier this morning....more on the way....no warnings issued...so guess they will be non-severe! We'll see!

57 with heavy cloud cover....light rain...light winds out of the NE.
70 this afternoon..thunderstorms possible... possibly severe due to day time heating....winds shift out of the SW..16 mph..humidex 75.
64 this evening with possible thunderstorms....
57 overnight with fog developing...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com