What's the weather in your area? 2019 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

PRH

Pretty nice day on tap for us here today! ( around 80 ) Been pretty nice yesterday as well ( upper 70's ) However,that will be short lived ,as rain starts moving in tomorrow ( warm though - 80's ) Good day today to get out and wash the cars again. ( I don't know how they get so dirty so fast --- well,I do but... ) :rolleyes: Anyways, that is on my list to do for the day and then I will take Annette out this evening ( it's the day I met her a few years back and I want to little something to surprise her there -- I did tell her earlier so she would have sometime to get herself ready sorta thing ) :)
Just thought I'd pop in again -- work is going well for us both ( abit tiring at times but, work is well, work.... alittle better if ya do what you like doing 4 sure though, always... ):cool:
Take care and enjoy your weekend too!!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Phil! You're busy as always! When do you stop to smell the roses? Had to throw that bit of a dig in! You sound happy and that is all that counts! It's 75 for now with clear blues skies...trying to stay out of the sun though with the 79 humidex...should hit 80 in another hour with a 85 humidex......tomorrow will be a repeat of today...Monday rain moving in and a lot cooler...been puttering around the gardens and picked up a few more annuals to fill in the bare spots...anyway it is time I made some lunch for myself! Nice to see you on and keeping in touch ....say hi to Annette! :)

Reactions: PRH

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yesterday got up to 83 wit a humidex of 85! Today it should top that!!

68 with hazy sunshine....humidex 70...winds light out of the east.
79+ this afternoon....humidex 84+....mix of sun and clouds...winds 11 mph out of the east.
73 this evening....humidex 77...winds shift out of the SE..11 mph. ...gradually clouding over.
63 overnight...with rain...winds SE 11 mph.
63 with thunderstorms by morning!

woodstock

finally two beautiful days, sunshine and low humidity. mornings were crisp and wonderful, then it heats up to 80 during the day. now if summer would just be like this for the duration, thats a pipe dream I know. we are back to some rain this week. its been a coolish june which is very odd. usually its hot and humid, so enjoying this change.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
83 for yesterday with a humidex of 85! And now it's over except for the humidity!

61 with rain...started after I went to bed last night....woke a few times with the sound of pounding rain on the roof....winds light out of the SE.
66 this afternoon with rain and high humidity.....humidex 73...thunderstorms possible late afternoon...10 mph winds out of the SE.
63 this evening with rain....winds shift out of the west 17 mph...looks like over 1/2 inch expected ...over an inch total for today.
52 overnight with clearing as the rain moves out...winds westerly 15 mph.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
We were expecting thunderstorms late afternoon, but they didn't happen....got a good load of rain instead....Lake Erie water temp is now 62!! Lake level is at a historic high......as is Lake Ontario and will continue to rise into next month!

57 with sunny skies... light winds out of the west.
70 with sunny skies this afternoon...winds 11 mph out of the west...humidex 72.
61 this evening with clear skies ....winds easing off...
52 overnight ...light winds shift out of the south...

Darn! Forgot to click post reply again!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
57 with sunny skies...light winds out of the south.
70 this afternoon with mostly sunny conditions...very light wind out of the south.
66 this evening variable cloudiness...light winds shift out of the SE.
61 overnight ....winds picking up a bit..out of the SE
61 by morning with light light rain...winds shift back out of the south.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rain, rain and more rain! At least the temps are mild! Plants are blooming, but slowly....no buds coming up yet on the daylilies...yet.

59 with cloudy skies and rain....light winds out of the SE..
63 this afternoon with rain and possible thunderstorms...winds shift out of the SW at 13 mph...
59 this evening with rain and scattered thunderstorms...winds 16 mph...
52 overnight with showers...winds shift out of the west 19 mph.
54 by morning...winds 21 mph out of the west...

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Still locked into lower than normal temps! :( Feels more like Fall! :( No real change until Tuesday!

54 with sunny skies...winds out of the west 14 mph...
68 this afternoon....mainly sunny ...winds shift out of SW 20 mph.
63 this evening..winds ease up a bit out of the SW 17 mph.
59 overnight...winds pick up again 20 mph.
61 by morning...mix of sun and clouds....winds out of the SW 23 mph.

woodstock

had a few nice days, and of course some rainy ones too. seems the rain does not want to give up. this is the coolest june I can ever remember. summer will be late I suppose. yes Ron, more fall like.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
More rain for today after a not too bad sunny day yesterday! Cool temps continue for this weekend....with thunderstorms possible.......Warm up might start up on Monday with 72F for the high all week! Maybe! That is still below normal!

64 with cloudy skies....winds out of the SW 10 mph with higher gusts..
66 for the high with light rain and gusty winds out of the SW 21 mph...humidex 70.
61 for this evening with light rain...winds 17 mph with higher gusts...windchill 57.
59 overnight...winds shift out of the NE 8 mph. with showers.
57 by morning with showers......winds out of the NE 15 mph with higher gusts...

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Continued raining all night....got around an inch total and more rain for this afternoon.....

55 with gloomy cloud cover...light winds out of the NE.
66 this afternoon with rain...light winds picking up a bit out of the NE......humidex 68.
64 this evening...light winds easing off... isolated showers.
55 overnight...very light winds shift out of the north...
59 by morning..winds shift out of the NE..clearing skies...
High tomorrow 72 with a 77 humidex!!!!

woodstock

rain yesterday, maybe sunshine for today monday and tues, its still cloudy tho, but Im hopeful. looks like rain every day this week after that. we are still below normal here too.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
As usual the forecasters were wrong! Did have a few light showers late morning then the clouds thinned out and finally moved out early afternoon...wasn't a bad day even though it only went up to 69.....Full moon last night!

59 with hazy sunny skies ...light winds out of the east.
70+ this afternoon with a bit of clouds....winds shift out of the NE 10 mph.....humidex 72+
66 this evening with sunny breaks...not much of a chance of showers...winds NE 8 mph.
57 overnight ...light winds shift out of the north..
61 by morning....with sunny skies!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Going to be a warm one with seasonal temps.

64 with some clouds and hazy skies...light winds out of the NE.
72+ with mix of sun and clouds...humidity is going up...light winds shift out of the west...humidex 77+.
68 this evening..mainly sunny...light winds shift out of the south...humidex 70.
57 overnight...mainly clear...

woodstock

we didnt get to see the full moon because of the cloudy skies and rain. it was called the strawberry moon. today is cloudy with rain coming this afternoon and tons of pea soup humidity. rain for thur and fri and the weekend looks promising. feeling bad for the farmers who cannot get crops in. yesterday I was at the supermarket and celery was 4.00 a bunch, celery hearts were 6.99. then I was feeling bad for myself because no way I was buying celery at that price.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is a bad growing season here too! Price of celery is pretty much the same here too....everything is a month behind! Local strawberries, for a pint, asking $6.99!!!....sorry but I won't pay it!

69 this morning with mostly sunny skies...very light wind out of the south...humidex 70.
75 this afternoon....mix of sun and clouds...humidex 82.
70 this evening...partly sunny... light winds shift out of the east... humidex 73'
61 overnight...
61 by morning with rain...

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
After 3 days of sunny skies and warm temps it's raining again! Expecting near to slightly below seasonal temps for the next 3 days...then back into the warmer and humid temps!

63 with rain...light winds out of the North.....expecting a good inch+ of rain by the time the system moves out overnight.
69 this afternoon with rain....winds pick up a bit 13 mph...humidex 72. Possible thunderstorms later on...
63 this evening with rain...
57 overnight with showers....
59 with clearing skies by morning

woodstock

dont know whats going to happen to our local corn if this rain doesnt stop.
thunderstorms today. humidity is like pea soup again. but it looks good starting tomorrow (fri) afternoon, sunshine for three days. wow that will be pure joy. looks like a heat up for next week, summer might be coming.

woodstock

pouring here this morning (fri) but they say the sun will come out later and we will have a super sunny weekend we shall see if the weather guessers are correct. humidity is going down little by little. boy it was soupy yesterday. have a good weekend.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com