What's the weather in your area? 2023 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Spring arrives tomorrow! About time! But, the weather will continue to be unpredictable rollercoaster!

41 with overcast skies..possible showers...light winds out of the NE...windchill 36.
50 this afternoon.....light winds shift out of the north....variable cloudiness.. windchill 48.
45 this evening...rain...winds shift and pick up out of the east 10 mph...windchill 41.
50 overnight with possible thunderstorms....winds shift out of the SW 23+ mph...windchill 45.
54 by morning..scattered thunderstorms...winds 25+ mph... windchill 48.
55 tomorrow with thunderstorms....winds out of the SW 28+ mph.....

Happy 1st Day of Spring! Spring arrived with a bang! had strong winds last night and they are getting stronger in the wake of the system....winds expected to gust in the 50 to 60 mph range! Had a power outage earlier this morning due to the wind gusts. No thunderstorms developed :(

59 with light rain....winds are howling out of the SW....
59+ for this afternoon with winds shifting out of the west at 23+ mph....cold front passes through at some point.
36 this evening with diminishing winds....
23 overnight.....could see some flurries....winds shift out of the north 13 mph...windchill 12.
19 by morning with light winds...windchill 7.

I got a new toy for Christmas, let's see if this works?

Auburn
CurrentDaily HighsDaily Lows
Barometer30.29 in Hg30.38 in Hg10:09 AM30.19 in Hg12:00 AM
Bar TrendFalling Slowly
Inside Temp75 °F76 °F11:13 AM70 °F1:29 PM
Inside Humidity30 %40 %4:21 PM30 %5:42 PM
Backyard
Temperature62 °F63 °F2:09 PM32 °F7:14 AM
Humidity40 %97 %8:45 AM40 %4:02 PM
Heat Index59 °F61 °F2:08 PM
Wind Chill62 °F32 °F7:14 AM
Dew Point37 °F45 °F1:26 PM31 °F7:14 AM
Wet Bulb46 °F31 °F7:14 AM
Wind Speed1 mph10 mph2:54 PM
Wind DirectionN 358°
Wind2 Minutes10 Minutes
Avg Wind Speed1 mph1 mph
Wind Gust Speed2 mph4 mph
RainRateStormDayMonthYear
Rain0.00 in/h0.00 in0.00 in1.37 in6.31 in

Nice toy Bob!!
Yesterday we hit 62.....today we won't even get up to 32! :( But, at least it's sunny! :)

Sweet toy there ,Bob!
Very cloudy and bit on the cool side this weekend ( upper 30's with low's in the teens ) At least there is no snow currently! ( that is a plus ) Good weekend to stay indoors as Anette has asked me to help her with some boxes she hasn't unpacked since we moved her over a year ago ( boy, how time flies ) :cool: No place to go around here currently as many places are closed now so,I guess it's a good time to unpack a few boxes there!;)
Have a Wonderful weekend and keep safe out there, folks!!

Sweet toy there ,Bob!

It's one of the Davis weather stations. I've been looking at them for years, and my old one died a few months ago. I'd already rebuilt it once, the batteries in the wind gauge aren't replaceable in theory. Why they chose to save like a buck on putting in a battery tray I have no clue. Maybe so you had to buy a new one. It died again, and I figured it was time to upgrade.

I got the cheapest Davis model, the all in one, but "cheap" is relative when you're talking that brand. That said, they're build solid, last a long time and can be repaired. So hopefully I'll have it a long time.

Auburn
Barometer30.25 in Hg30.38 in Hg9:15 AM30.23 in Hg7:17 PM
Bar TrendSteady
Inside Temp78 °F78 °F8:46 PM75 °F7:43 AM
Inside Humidity40 %42 %8:20 PM34 %9:48 AM
Backyard
Temperature42 °F55 °F3:28 PM35 °F5:49 AM
Humidity86 %96 %6:36 AM60 %5:22 PM
Heat Index42 °F54 °F3:28 PM
Wind Chill42 °F35 °F5:49 AM
Dew Point39 °F44 °F2:52 PM33 °F5:46 AM
Wet Bulb40 °F34 °F5:49 AM
Wind Speed0 mph10 mph2:32 PM
Wind Direction--
Wind2 Minutes10 Minutes
Avg Wind Speed0 mph0 mph
Wind Gust Speed0 mph0 mph
RainRateStormDayMonthYear
Rain0.00 in/h0.00 in0.00 in1.37 in6.31 in

BTW, the indoor temps of 78 are misleading. There’s a tiny computer that receives the wireless signal from the weather station and uploads it to the net (weather underground) once every 5 minutes to make pretty little charts and graphs. It sits next to my cable modem and directly behind my TV, so it has heat on both sides.

36 with mostly cloudy skies....very faint breeze ou of the north...
45 this afternoon....partly sunny...light winds shift out of the east.... windchill 41.
37 this evening...light to moderate winds shift out of the NE...windchill 30.
36 overnight....winds moderate shift backout of the east...windchill 27.
36 by morning with mostly sunny skies...winds shift out of the NE...windchill 30.

While all the weather info from my weather station is cool, it's not real easy to digest at a glance. So let's try this approach.

Puget Sound Forecast: On and off showers with sunbreaks today. Chance of afternoon thunderstorms, especially south Sound and SW Washington. Highs range from the upper 40s to lower 50s. Southerly wind 5 to 15 mph.

Weather forecast for Gardenforums.com (Provo, UT).

100% chance of a new server.

Wasatch Front Forecast:
Today: Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms. Windy. Highs in the upper 50s.
Tonight: Widespread showers. Lows in the upper 30s.
Wednesday: Scattered rain and snow showers. Highs in the mid-40s.
Thursday: Snow showers, especially in the morning. Highs in the low-40s.

It is warming up! It's slow, but it is happening!

37 with hazy sunshine...very light winds out of the SE...windchill 34.
50 this afternoon...mostly sunny...light winds shift out of the SW...windchill 26.
45 this evening...cloudy periods...light winds shift out of the south....windchill 41.
39 overnight...winds kicking up out of the south..11 mph....
41 by morning...winds 17 mph...mix of sun and cloud....high 52 with isolated showers...

45 with sunny skies...winds out of the SW 12 mph...windchill 39.
52+ with mostly sunny skies...winds shift out of the west 14 mph..windchill 48.
48 this evening...winds shift out of the north 8 mph...windchill 46.
39 overnight...winds shift out of the NE 10 mph...windchill 39.
37 by morning mix of sun and clouds.....winds 10 mph...windchill 30.

We are on lock down since the weekend. Not much moVing here, they do have special early hours for seniors only which is nice. Take out only.

Had snow on Monday only a few inches but north of course got more. It's all melted now thankfully

Everyone be safe

Reactions: PRH
Going to 60 today and well become almost like Spring outside! ( we are on a lockdown here as well, but... I would rather have that then spread sickness around to someone or catch it from someone as well ) That 60 degrees I talked of, will give way to rain starting overnight all the way into the weekend with highs in the upper 50's and lows in the upper 30's yet. Some prayer is needed as Anette's friend did not make it through this COVID - 19 deal. ( her friend's brother let her know about that a few days ago ) This virus is very odd for sure - ya never know from day to day or minute by minute even how or what will happen ) Have a Wonderful weekend and do your very best to keep safe out there as well, folks -- Anette and I will follow that advice too! ;)😷

• Sad
Reactions: bob
Hi Phil. Our lives have changed so much due to this virus, and world has changed forever. This virus hasn't reached its peak yet, so we need to be on guard constantly. I need to make a trips to town at least once a week for groceries, and pick up things at the drug store, and I am always on the alert around other people...we all need to keep our distance to be safe and for their safety. People are finally adjusting to the new reality and hopefully we can slow the infection and death rates by doing our part!
I am so sorry about Anette's friend! Please give her my condolences!
One of my sisters is in quarantine for the next 14 days, she is a nun living in a convent in New Jersey....one of the nuns passed away yesterday from cv-19. My sister and several others where exposed...most of the nuns are in their 80's.....Keep them in your prayers!

We are in spring-like weather....warmish during the days and cool at night...things are starting to sprout out of the ground and the tree buds are swelling...especially the pussy willows!
39 and overcast...light winds out of the north...windchill 34.
48 this afternoon with mostly sunny skies....light winds shift out of the NE.
41 this evening...with light winds....windchill 36.
37 overnight...light winds shift out of the east 10 mph...windchill 30.
39 tomorrow morning with light rain....

Synopsis: PZZ100-271900- 255 AM PDT Fri Mar 27 2020 .Synopsis for the northern and central Washington coastal and inland waters...Weak fronts will push through the region today and Saturday resulting in locally breezy conditions. A stronger frontal system will move through the area Sunday night and Monday.

Today
S wind 10 to 20 kt. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft. Rain likely in the morning then rain in the afternoon.
Tonight
S wind 10 to 20 kt rising to 15 to 25 kt after midnight. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft. Rain likely.
Sat
S wind 15 to 25 kt. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft. Rain likely.
Sat Night
S wind 10 to 20 kt rising to 15 to 25 kt after midnight. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft.

A Colorado Low is moving in bringing rain for today, and possible thunderstorms! We need the rain!!

45 and raining...light winds out of the east...windchill 43.
48 this afternoon with light rain...winds 13 mph...windchill 32.
46 this evening with light rain....light winds...windchill 41.
46 overnight with rain....light to moderate winds shift out of the SE...windchill 41.
52 by morning with thunderstorms possible...19 mph winds shift out of the south....windchill 46.

Thanks Ron - my thoughts and prayers that your sister will be ok in this deal, it sure is a different world for us all now for sure! Will give Anette your condolences too!
Bob - thanks for liking my post ( such as it was there ) Will hang in there and keep safe too!

Otherwise,we got our rain as they forecasted for the start of this weekend. ( very warm ,like 64 and I am sure that number will climb little higher before the day is over ) Anette and I went for alittle walk yesterday around the block ( was a very nice day there -- nice and sunny, temp in the upper 60's and not a cloud in the sky to be seen anywhere ...... Boy,how that picture outdoors changed today ) Thank You once again for your condolences as well as likes - I will be sure to give them too Anette too! ( she's doing pretty good, but sometimes she needs a shoulder to lean on yet --- can understand that 1 ) Take care ,folks and keep safe as well...!!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back