What's the weather in your area? 2013 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Still colder then usual!
27F and might get up to 36....
Mostly sunny, for now!
They finally figured out why we are colder then normal, it is because of a stationary high pressure area sitting over the Greenland and the north Atlantic.
It is acting like a block to other weather systems. It is starting to weaken and should break up by early next week.
Then we will start getting the proper movement of warmer air from the south!

We are supposed to get up to 70 degrees today with no rain. The rain is due to come back this evening or tomorrow.

No grass mowing here
Still got snow on the ground
Felt like winter with the wind chill
yesterday and today, temp 40 with the w/c 20
BRRRRRR

it is 49 going up to 69 today. I hope the rain is slowing down now for a couple of days.

brutal winds these past three days.....making it about 25 here......today the winds have stopped, so it should be a bit warmer....maybe 50's.....

Our clouds are back with rain today. It started to rain sometime during the night. We are back to lower temperatures along with the rain. We won't get up into the 60's today. David mowed the grass again yesterday. It's growing fast now. The pasture is really green too and I'm sure the horse is loving it.

yesterday was nice.....sunny and 55....its going in the right direction now.......another lovely day today......sunny and 55 again...

34F
Still very nippy even with the sunny skies!
Might get up to 41, but I doubt it!
Winds continue to come out of the NW!

Overcast and wet today. The rainfall varied yesterday in intensity, but it rained pretty much all day. We did get up to 60 degrees though.

It rained all night but now it's up to about 58° and expected to get to about 60°. Have a nice day all. Curbie

We ended up with record breaking temperatures on the whole Easter weekend, it was so wonderful, felt like summer! we had the grandkids stay over and had an egg hunt in the morning here, then later in the afternoon went to the community egg hunt and we ended up having hot dogs over the fire in the yard because it was so beautiful no one wanted to be inside to either cook or eat! Sadly tuesday I got sick and spent the last beautiful day in my pj's. The rain held off until thursday, and came down with a vengence! I had managed to get all my tall daffodils staked up so they didn't get pounded down by the rain. The birds were happy I think, it brought the worms to the surface, and it was actually getting so dry I had been out watering. I am hoping the rain does not stay around for too long, I want that summery weather back!

Sure wish we had a bout of summery weather!
We are still locked into a cold flow of air from the north!
30F might get up to 43 but I doubt it will feel like it with the winds off the lake out of the SE.

Our weather has been like Janet's. We are starting out the day here with heavy rain and a temperature in the high 40's. Even here in the basement I can hear the rain.

It's freezing here today, feels like Jan with the wind chill. Its 35 right now, wind chills low 20s
suppose to be in the mid 40's but real windy, wish the wind would go away
we've had so much wind in the past yr
suppose to be 60's mon and tues and of course I have to work

We had some clearing this afternoon which was nice, but rain in the morning and again tonight. It started out like where Randy is in the 40's but only got up to about 53. my peas are liking the weather though, my second planting is coming up now.

It's starting to cool down here with the average temp around 74F during the day and the mid 60's at night. Still showers hanging around but the humidity has dropped right off thank goodness.

It is 63 this morning and heading up to 82 later today. The skies are cloudy but will clear later. We have a bit of wind to start with hope it goes away.

Cloudy for today with rain on the way as a warm front moves in!
52F and might get up to 59 but with strong winds out of the SW it will be nippy!
Looks like spring is starting to move in and the long term forecast is showing warmer days ahead!
The tree swallows arrived yesterday so that is a sure sign that winter is finally over!

the robins showed up this week, our sign of spring........65 today, sunny.......windows are opened and fans are going.....nice to open the windows again.....

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back