What's the weather in your area? 2023 Edition

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Happy New Year Woodie!!
Didn't get much snow yesterday...maybe an inch and a half! The winds shifted out of the west and the snow stopped and moved south by 1 pm.....The ground was too warm for it to stay around long but as the temp dropped things froze up...
Woke to light flurries....just a light dusting to make it look more wintery!
30 with cloudy skies and light flurries....winds out of the west 14 mph....windchill 19.
34 this afternoon with mix of sun and clouds...winds shift out of the SW 20 mph..so we could see some squall activity...windchill 21.
34 this evening ....winds 23 mph...windchill 21.
36 overnight....winds 23 mph windchill 23.
37 by morning with clearing skies...winds continue out of the SW 23 mph!

Temperature here is 10 degrees Fahrenheit. Woke up to 9" of new snow this morning. Dang, it's probably been a good 8 to 10 years since I've posted on this forum. Life got in the way and I kind of gave up on gardening. However, I retired on July 1 and plan to fire up the greenhouse in the spring and will definitely get back into my dahlias. Glad to see the two of you are still here. Looks as if many things have changed and we are all starting to age a bit. Still haven't caught up on all that has happened. I enjoyed communicating with my fellow members and had very good conversations with Mainegal, Crabbergirl, and Curbie and the both of you. I'll be back! I'll try to catch up on what has been happening.

Hi Doug and Happy New Year!!
Yes it has been a long time since you've been here! A lot of things have happened, such as most of the members moved over to Facebook with its many gardening groups! They do drop in occasionally though....Sad news is that Curbie has passed away a few year back, and is sadly missed! Woodie and I keep the forum up and running with Bob popping in every now and then to tweak the forum.
I'm here every morning for an hour, or so, to make a few posts and clean up and ban whenever someone post spam!

Now that it's January, and a new year, winter is just around the corner....It has been so mild so far with mostly rain with day or 2 of snow thrown in to remind us it is winter!
Today is a quite day with above normal temps....system moving in overnight with rain.. with warmer air!
39 with sunny skies...light winds out of the SW...windchill 30.
43 this afternoon, with mostly sunny skies..winds kicking up to 22 mph...windchill 34.
41 this evening...cloudy...winds ease off a bit...windchill 41.
39 overnight...rains begin...winds ease off again 14 mph....
39 by morning with showers....winds shift out of the west 10 mph...
Sat through to Tuesday snow in the forecast....temps well above normal with lows hovering around freezing!

Happy new yr ron, and welcome back doug. Our weather this week has been in the mid 40s which is very odd for this time of yr, but I'll take it. Heard we will be above average until the 15th of jan. New yrs was quiet.
I hope wombat who used to be here is ok with all the fires in australia. I'm hoping Laurie can reach him, I left a message here hoping a notification would reach him, but haven't heard nothing. Prayers to him and his family. And to all a happy 2020

As far as I can remember, Wombat lived on the western side of Australia close to the coast! Hoping he and his family are alright!
It was nice yesterday in spite of the winds!!
This morning 39 with not much of any winds..thick cloud cover...not expecting much in the way of rain...system staying south of the lake ..winds out of the SW 6 mph.....windchill 34.
41 this afternoon....mainly cloudy...winds shift out of the west...5 mph....windchill 37.
39 this evening....cloudy...winds shift back out of the SW...very light...windchill 34.
34 overnight with rain/snow mix changing over to snow by morning...might get 1 to 2 inches!

The forecast keeps changing!
32 with light snow falling....light winds out of the north...windchill 25.
36 this afternoon with showers..winds shift out out of the NW 11 mph..windchill 28.
32 this evening..clearing...winds shift out of the west 16 mph...windchill 21.
32 overnight...clearing breaks...windchill 19.
32 by morning...sunny breaks...winds continue out of the west 16 mph...windchill 19.

It's raining here today and 46 but some cooler air is coming in, so it may turn to snow by morning but nothing to speak of, something more may come during the week, and pile up, it's white, and we don't care for it either, so let's hope not

Not much happening...get a bit of snow...then a warm up...then get another light dusting...then into the 40's again for a few days .....this seems the pattern so far...at least until mid month...no extreme periods of cold!
Had a light dusting overnight...
32 with a bit of sun...light winds out of the west...windchill 23.
34 this afternoon...maybe a few flurries...winds shift out of the SW 14 mph...windchill 23.
32 this evening with possible snow...winds kick up to 19 mph as Alberta Clipper quickly goes through..maybe an inch...windchill 23.
34 overnight....maybe some wet snow....winds shift out f the west 23 mph...windchill 21.
34 by morning..winds 25 mph...partly sunny...windchill 19.

It is just not cold enough for heavy snows to develop and stick around!
Expecting more periods of warmer temps for most of the month...meaning more rain then snow!

Temperature here is 10 degrees Fahrenheit. Woke up to 9" of new snow this morning. Dang, it's probably been a good 8 to 10 years since I've posted on this forum. Life got in the way and I kind of gave up on gardening. However, I retired on July 1 and plan to fire up the greenhouse in the spring and will definitely get back into my dahlias. Glad to see the two of you are still here. Looks as if many things have changed and we are all starting to age a bit. Still haven't caught up on all that has happened. I enjoyed communicating with my fellow members and had very good conversations with Mainegal, Crabbergirl, and Curbie and the both of you. I'll be back! I'll try to catch up on what has been happening.
Well hello Doug. Long time. Glad to see u again.

Hi Laurie!
Good to see you dropping in!

Had an fast moving Alberta Clipper pass through last evening...go around 3 inches of snow....but it won't stick around long with the temps going upwards!
34 with clouds and a bit of sun...should clear up later on...temp just went up to 36...winds out of the west 18 mph...windchill 25.
36 for the high this afternoon...sunny with cloudy periods...winds 23 mph...windchill 25.
36 this evening...winds 20 mph...clearing...windchill 23.
28 overnight...winds easing off 11 mph... windchill 19.

36 with cloudy skies...should clear later on...very light winds out of the SW...windchill 28.
37 this afternoon..cloudy with sunny breaks...winds kick up 13 mph...windchill 30.
36 this evening with wet snow developing...winds 18 mph...windchill 25.
28 overnight with flurries...winds shift out of the west 20 mph....windchill 14.
27 by morning....sunny with cloudy periods...23 mph winds...windchill 12.
We start to warm up again on Thursday...into the mid 40's Fri and Sat with rain!
Could be messy on Sun as a system moves in with below freezing high and low!

Today is the coldest day of the week! had a light dusting of snow earlier this morning! Temp wise it isn't as cold as it should be if this was a 'normal' winter!
27 with sunny skies... light winds out of the west ....windchill 14.
25 this afternoon ...isolated flurries...winds kicking up 22 mph...windchill 10.
23 this evening...isolated flurries...winds shift out of the NW...12 mph...windchill 9.
19 overnight....winds shift out of the NE and drop to 4 mph...windchill 10.

Tomorrow we start to warm up again....

Now the temp starts to go upwards! And, as usual when the temp goes up it means rain!! A system is on it's way stretching all the way down from the Gulf of Mexico! Looks like all I will get here is rain...and a lot of it! The exact track it will take is still up in the air...more info later!

23 with mix of sun and cloud...light winds out of the east..windchill 14.
36 this afternoon....sunny with come clouds...winds shift out of the SE 12 mph...windchill 27.
37 with showers moving in....winds shift out of the south 19 mph...windchill 27.
39 overnight....showers...winds shift out of the SW 24 mph... windchill 28.
39 by morning with light rain...winds 20 mph...windchill 30.

This morning it's 19 not the coldest day so far this winter, but pretty bone chilling, then tomorrow a warm up sat 50, wow and tons of rain. Hopefully the temps stay up and it's all rain, but they say it may turn to snow by Sunday, yuk

The temp is going upwards, and the rains started...shower for now..expecting to break an all time record for rainfall...could get 3+ inches total from today through to late Saturday....Expecting flooding and strong gale force winds out of the SW....stronger winds on Sunday...but it is still a wait and see as the system continues to track our way.

41 with heavy dark cloud cover...showers for now...winds out of the south 19 mph...
45 this afternoon...showers...winds shift out of the SW 17 mph...windchill 36.
45 this evening...light to heavy rains begin...winds shift out of the south..16 mph ...windchill 37.
46 overnight....light rain to heavy rain...winds 21 mph...windchill 39.
46 by morning...winds out of the south 23 mph...light rain to heavy rains ...windchill 39.

Could see some snow, probably wet snow, on the back end of this system on Monday!

Had a period of calm earlier this morning, it was even sunny...then the clouds rolled in again! Had around an inch of rain yesterday afternoon, evening and overnight...hell of a lot more on the way...could see another 3-4"s and possibly more during thunderstorms this afternoon!!
52 with gusty winds and periods of rain...winds out of the SW off the lake 18 mph+...windchill 45.
52 this afternoon with heavy downpours and possible t-cells...
39 this evening ..heavy downpours...winds shift out of the NE 18 mph
37 overnight with 26 mph winds....rains easing off.
34 by morning with 26 mph winds out of the west....
Expecting gale force wind tomorrow!

51 all day with rain....more often then not just a light steady downfall...got less then 3 inches!

Cold front ripped through last night! Very noisy and my apartment vibrated...winds 60+ mph out of the SW!
Of course they issued a wind warning for this morning!

30 with mostly cloudy skies...strong winds continue this morning,...should end in a couple of hours!....30+ mph winds with higher 60+ mph gusts.. windchill 18.
32 this afternoon....cloudy with sunny periods....winds ease off to 10 mph out of the west..windchill 25.
30 this evening ...light winds shift out of the east...windchill 23.
30 overnight ....light winds...windchill 19.
32 by morning....variable cloudiness...with some moments of sun...light winds shift out of the NE....windchill 25.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back