What's the weather in your area?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trax

Our weather has been so quirky. It fluctuates like crazy. Tomorrow (Saturday),we're supposed to get SNOW! Guess it happens whether we lime it or not! :) Curbster (Hey, I heard Oklahoma had really bad storms go through. Anybody hear from Trax?)
It was windy! :eek: I even saw a small snow tornado!

We kept our power but it was like a blizzard outside. The snow started Christmas morning and it was snowing this afternoon. It finally stopped about 4 pm and I got a lot of photos, just haven't uploaded them to my pc yet.
It's about 5:30 pm, 32*F (our high today), very white, and going down to 15*F tonight. I tried to build a snowman but the snow only sticks for snowballs. I'll try again tomorrow! :D

Btw, awesome photos, Ron! :D I def hope you get ice volcanoes this year!

Trax

Wow Trax I thought thunder snow was exciting. We are cold and white on the great plains too
Thunder snow rocks! :D We even had a Thunder Ice storm one year and transformers were exploding everywhere like fireworks! It was amazing! :D I was just like freaked but I learned how to have fun for a whole week with no power. I'll never forget that cause I learned how to cook over a wood fire, use the deck for a fridge, and play parlor games. Now I keep 4 LED lanterns in my room with tons of batteries.

It's 23*F, kinda windy, and very white, lol. :D 42*F for tomorrow, yay! It's warming up!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's very white here too Josh!
Ice volcanoes might form this year if the lake freezes up, then breaks up and throws the iced up along the shore! It might happen...maybe!
More snow on the way overnight and tomorrow.....another 2 to 3"s possible....
19F for the low tonight...

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well it is very wet here. Started raining about 9 last night and is still raining now. Warm at 67 but very wet. I have a funeral today so it is very fitting weather :(

Cold front behind the rain. 38 tomorrow morning with a high in the low 60's then rain the next 3 days

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's snowing!
2"s so far and it is expected to snow lightly all day.
Light winds out of the NE.
We are definitely getting a winter this year after the no snow, mild winter last year!

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is at least sunny here today. It is 41 this morning and going up to 56. I have some helping to do outside and then I think a walk for the dog would be fun.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just started snowing here too, we got 12-14" on Thurs and now another 3-9" they are saying. Mother Nature
does not have to make up for no snow last yr this yr. I want spring... News said last night that once
we have snow on the ground it gets colder, it was 12 this am and lows this week are going to be in the single digits....
going to be 10° below normal for the next couple of weeks YUK!!!

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
27F
Been snowing all day and it doesn't look like it will be stopping anytime soon!
The winds have been gaining speed all day and now have a windchill of 14F!!!!

It has been raining a lot. no where near freezing, but daytime highs are only in low 40's. The chief weather guesser says starting tomorrow it is going to clear out and we are going to get a whole week of sun!! will get down to freezing at night, but that is ok, I will take the cold if it means sun!!

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brrrrrr. Are you kidding me. 36 this morning with a high of 50 with a feels like temp of freezing at 50. Beautifully bright and sunny but windy and cold. At least there is no snow!

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was 28 degrees outside when I first stepped out. What really surprised me though was that there were no clouds in the sky at all. It stayed that way all day too. It did warm up a little as the sun got higher. I think we got up to 42 degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com