White residue on shrub

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Plant looks like a ligustrum. I didn't see any damage in the picture. Do you have a close up of the actual damage?
But really the only thing I have ever seen that resembles the "white stuff" is bird droppings.
Ron may be better to identify this.

Here is a closeup of one of those images:

http://s17.postimage.org/ijjr6tckf/NEW.jpg

So you're saying that the white stuff on the leaves are bird droppings?

OK, well that is one less problem I have to deal with around the house.... don't think there's too much I can do about bird in the air pooping... :D

Variegated Euonymus
Looks like a good case of powdery mildew!
Not enough air circulation and, or the foliage is wet during the nightime, or it is in too much shade!
Perfect conditions of mildew!
Any fungicide will work with a repeat application in 2 weeks.
You can use a teaspoon of baking soda to a litre of water, with a few drops of dish soap to make it adhere better to the foliage. Spray in the early morning so it will dry before the sun gets too strong!

It must be the shade and dew at night....it is in our front yard, plenty of air circulation.

OK I'll look for a fungicide. Thanks again Ron.

Thanks Ron, when I get powdery mildew it looks way different. Isn't it funny how things can change from area to area. I do have bird dropping on some ligustrums from the shore birds. The above pictures reminded me of that.

Ron it's great job to share these kind of good information with others .
I am really very impressed by your thinking about the topic.
I think we need to carry on with this nice thinking.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back