Who Grows Berries/Fruit

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I think I mentioned them before, but my daughter thinks the Cascade Blackberry is the ultimate for pies, not that we have that many pies in the first place. But I want to extend the Marionberry part of the berry patch and also propagate the Cascades and increase the present productivity there.

I'm hoping to make a berry patch this summer and have it ready for new plants next spring

My blueberry bushes are doing really good. They are in blossom and didn't wilt or loose any blossoms. I am so proud!!!

Trying my hand

I'm trying my hand again with stawberries. I have a nice pot growing with 5 small berries already. Maybe starting them earlier is the trick down here in the desert we will see.

wow.. i love raspberries and blueberries.. would you plant the raspberries the same way as with the blueberries?? guys. anyone who knows anything about this? id like to have blueberries.. they're my favorite. :)

Yesterday Tim picked me a gallon of blackberries and I made a killer cobler! I love this time of year

wow.. i love raspberries and blueberries.. would you plant the raspberries the same way as with the blueberries?? guys. anyone who knows anything about this? id like to have blueberries.. they're my favorite. :)

Welcome kyle82, I have a blueberry bush and raspberries. I think both needs full sun and protection from the birds once the berries start to come on.

Welcome Kyle. I do know that you should have more than one Verity of blueberry. I have 5 and they are all doing well. They are just starting to ripen which is great. The deer love them so you have to protect them. They like full sun in well drained soil . Most of our berry farms here are on sand hills. I was going to post some picture for you but I can't get the attachemnt box to open. I'll try again later

My strawberries didn't do anything this year nor last year. I bought bareroot plants from WalMart. I won't do that again.

Next year I will just buy some live plants.

My strawberries didn't do anything this year nor last year. I bought bareroot plants from WalMart. I won't do that again.

Next year I will just buy some live plants.
Dor I will have strawberry runners later if you want some. My strawberries are going nuts. Some plants have as many as 25 berries. Mine are ever bearing but they are very good. I ordered mine from springhill a couple of years ago.

Yes, please I would love some Theresa. I should have something that will be hardy in your area too.

My chokecherries are just loaded with fruit, now I just have to beat the birds to them.
They do make killer jelly (that means really good jelly not jelly that will kill you)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back