why did my hot pepper die?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

nour

I had 3 perfect hot peppers growing in my container. they were flowering and making small peppers. Until one day (I think after I fertelize them) they died instantlly (like one hour ago they were perfect... Boom dead!). My question is, will they regrow or no hope?
uqa7azyd.jpg

Last edited:
agree with Ron. if it happened right after feeding ...well too much
as peppers are a perennial in theory you could break a pick off and root it...but this looks DEAD all over.

It happened to one of my pepper plants too but it cant be too much fertilizer cause it's in the same garden with a ton of other very healthy pepper plants. It's been like that for over a week so I finally just pulled it out to protect the other plants.

14444856429_9b5bc73a77_o.jpg

14629357024_f4b5f482e2_o.jpg

This could be useful:
Pepper Pests & Diseases

Please keep us posted on your progress because I'd like to know what's causing this too.

It happened to one of my pepper plants too but it cant be too much fertilizer cause it's in the same garden with a ton of other very healthy pepper plants. It's been like that for over a week so I finally just pulled it out to protect the other plants.

14444856429_9b5bc73a77_o.jpg

14629357024_f4b5f482e2_o.jpg

This could be useful:
Pepper Pests & Diseases

Please keep us posted on your progress because I'd like to know what's causing this too.
I took it out. the bottom of the stem was turning black. I was told that it was some sort of disease.

Yeah, the pepper diseases are usually a no-win situation. That's why I always plant more than I need. Btw, my pepper plant was just as advanced as yours when it suddenly wilted so yeah, even a healthy older plant is no guarantee.

yeah Trax is right about about wilt......don't re-use the potting mix unless you aerate it for at least a week in the hot sun to kill off the pathogen in it and disinfect the pot if you need to use it for other plants. It will spread to to other veggies especially ones from the same family eg. tomatoes etc.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back