Zilker Park Festive and Flower show.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Lyn for sharing with us. Wished we had a longer growing season. Crocuses and snow drops are blooming. I do have some vinca blooming on the south side of the house, they are against the foundation, want to get some white from my grammie's old house to mix in with the bluish purple one and plant it on the side of my driveway so I don't have to mow as it's uneven

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm going to the wildflower center this fri. It is the annual plant sale so I will have to put the wagon in the trunk. they let us recycle 4 in pots there so I will take a stack with me. I am almost overrun with them. I've planted most of what I've started. I will take the camera with me and try to get some nice pictures of the center. I'm sure it is in full bloom.

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will have to buy some more 4" pots for next year, Lyn. I give too many away, but that isn't going to change.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Randy
Check with a nursery/florist that makes arrangements for cemetary's as they throw them away. Our local one used to recycle them, now they save them for me

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's been a couple of years since I bought any, but I paid 19 cents each for them when I bought 100 of them.

Here are some pictures I took when I went. Sorry it has taken me so long to post them but I was having problems figuring out how to do this. and I was a little lazy.
Hey lynpenny, I remembered seeing this picture and I wanted to ask you what kind of plant that the third picture. I have one and I am wondering what it is called? Thanks, Kim :confused:

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kim I don't know what it is. I bought one this summer and it wasn't labeled. I know where I got it so if I go back to the herb shop I will ask them. I also bought one like the next picture. It is called the pancake. I love it and the name. I bought several succulents that day as I put a garden together for my daughter. I won't get to take it to her until school is out. I'll be ready to go cause I'm already missing the grandchildren. lol.

Thanks, lyn! I hope that you get to see them soon. I get to see my daughters 2 boys Wed. I am keeping them Friday night and Saturday, while they go to a couples retreat for a night and couple of days. I miss them all so much. The boys are 2 1/2 yrs. and 3 months, I can't wait!

K

Kale

Kim,
You are quite welcomed...:D

So far I came up with
1) Gold Tooth Aloe
Aloe mitriformis
2) Queen Agave
Agave Victoriae-Reginae
3)Pineapple Dyckia
Dyckia brevifolia.

I think it may be the Gold Tooth Aloe.

Meanwhile let me know if it is any of these, then I can clue you in on the care requirements.

Kale

K

Kale

Kim,
I don't see that in Lyn's pic. Sure it is the same plant.
Maybe because it is younger you dont see the stripe.

Lyn, do you have white stripes also?

Does #8 pic here look like your plant?
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/59537/

what about…
http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plants/Agavaceae/Agave_victoriae-reginae.html

Click on the little thumbnails on the right.
Pineapple Dyckia

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/100079/

Haven’t seen anything else similar.
Maybe get a closer upper pic of the underside...
Does the color (s) patterns(s) change when it gets older?
What are those dots.(On Lyn's pic) ?

Kale:)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com