Recent content by bankysmith

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. B

Updated My seed trade list...

Is there any restrictions on seeds mailed outside of the state they were originally purchased? I would be interested in trading seeds, but I am curious because they always ask me if I'm mailing fruits or vegetables. Is there any type of gardening seeds that is illegal to send in the mail?
  2. B

11.5 lb cauliflower - what do ya think?

Did you grow this organically, or did you use fertilizer to get it so big? I hope that I have similar success this summer, but I have a feeling you've been gardening for a long time to have these kind of results.
  3. B

The best way to grow herbs indoor !!

Do house cats eat herbs grown indoors? I thought about growing some herbs near my kitchen window, but I'm worried my cat will destroy them. What can I do to make my cat stay away if I plant some herb seeds?
  4. B

Online Source for Heirloom Seeds?

I checked out those websites, and they seem overpriced. They are more expensive the hybrid seeds, and I can understand why. But is there anywhere to get them cheaper online if you buy a large quantity?
  5. B

termites in my seed potatoes ?

Do I really need to use seed potatoes to successfully plant potatoes? I heard that store bought potatoes can still be used, but they need to be washed thoroughly. Is this true, or was my friend incorrect about seed potatoes?
  6. B

When to build a new raised garden

Does anyone have any useful youtube links on how to build your own raised beds for gardening? My backyard is all grass, and I would have to turn over a section of soil in order to start my garden. I would prefer to just build a gardening bed, and place it over my grass. I don't care if the...
  7. B

Great Seed Starting Idea

That's actually a really good idea to start growing your seeds. It also will enrich your soil with calcium. What vegetables require lots of calcium in the soil to achieve the best growing results? I would most likely try growing those types of veggies in the egg shell. Thank you for the tip.
  8. B

Wanted Seeds for growing dry beans

Will dry seeds from the supermarket grow beans? I heard there is a coating on store bought beans that prevents them from sprouting. I don't recall seeing any beans when I picked up my gardening supplies. Has anyone planted dry beans intended for cooking to grow bean plants?
  9. B

Anyone know where I can buy couple of seedless watermelon seed?

How do they make the watermelons sterile and unable to produce seeds? I don't mind picking out seeds, but my wife won't eat watermelon unless it's seedless.
  10. B

Roma Tomato Seeds

It would probably be a nice gesture if you offered your extra seeds to your neighbors. I already have my seeds for this season, but I appreciate the offer. Are your tomato seeds the heirloom variety, or are they hybrid seeds?

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back