Recent content by mikiejack

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. M

Can you please identify this mishroom/fungi?

What a responsibility that would be wombat, but a wonderful service at the same time. I have no intention of eating my find, I even wore disposable gloves, and washed my hands after. Overly cautious :-) I am interested in identification purely to learn about them, and potentially stop further...
  2. M

Let's see your bbq's, and recipes.

I finally got the weather I needed to BBQ. It was only burgers and sausages, but it was great :-) Just need to finish off the edges with a bit of sealant to tidy it all up.
  3. M

Thanks - I am away in the lake district until mid next week, but I will get a better picture next week. Thanks for the help so far.
  4. M

If it stops raining, I think it will have to be something basic like burgers, sausages, and corn. That way I can get used to how the BBQ cooks, and holds heat. After that, everything I can get my hands on :-).
  5. M

I wish I lived close to you/that market! Seafood is my fave thing. Crab, prawn, oysters, mussels etc. The only thing I just don't get is lobster, crab is half the price and twice the taste in my opinion. I now understand your username:-)
  6. M

My veggie garden

Mr_yan. It would be worth you trying this recipe, but use 50% rhubarb and 50% apple. My wife adds oats in to the topping as well and it's lovely. If you still find it too tart, try some custard. http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/420616
  7. M

Thanks crabber, and the colours are very accurate.
  8. M

Thanks jade. Crabber - I love fire pits. A friend of mine has one. In summer when the heat of a fire is unwelcome, he fills it with ice and bottles of beer. Always enjoy going to his house, although he must think I am a control freak as I always end up taking over the BBQ. He made himself ill...
  9. M

Hello. After the recent wet weather in the uk, I wonder if anyone can identify this mushroom/fungi I seem to have in my garden. Thanks!
  10. M

Just realised I put this in the wrong forum area - apologies!
  11. M

Ron - a nice ribeye steak on the BBQ is pretty much perfection. Quite expensive here in England these days, so it takes concentration not to over do it. Jade - what's firemans chicken? Sounds interesting. Mr Yan - sounds like you BBQ a lot. I love paella, but it takes so long to do a good...
  12. M

Always loved Spanish style bbq's. But living in an apartment meant I couldn't ever have one. I just finished building this one as it was a great deal. Sorry it's a stock photo, it's been raining here and she's all wrapped up :-). Almost killed my wife and I moving the sections totalling 220kg...
  13. M

Large planter advice.

Looks like you did well. I won't be making it myself, wouldn't look as nice as that. I am going to have the joiner varnish it in a lighter colour, as it is a little dark for my taste.
  14. M

Large planter advice.

Thanks crabber. So right now I am thinking of having one of these as the centre piece, then corner shaped ones for the 4 corners. Covering the walk way between the planters with bark, then at the bottom part nearest the steps in gravel. Works out nicely as the gravel holding boxes, which I...
  15. M

Large planter advice.

Sounds a bit small Ron :-) Mr Yan - do you have any pictures? I am looking for ideas. Thanks both for your advice so far.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back