Recent content by Ru535

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. 09_06_08_Questionable_Lily_for_web

09_06_08_Questionable_Lily_for_web

This Lily I found in my garden(almost past bloom) Do not know what it is??
  2. Ru535

Lambs ears

Hi Scarez, I love the picture of the Rose campion. They are so pretty. When I moved to Tennessee from Pa. I had never seen them before and I had many on the property that I bought. I have moved, but still spread the seeds. A few years ago a fellow from England was looking for seeds and I...
  3. Ru535

Comment by 'Ru535' in media 'Autumn Berries'

Such a beautiful picture. How I love to take pictures of plants and flowers. Never have to say "cheese" they are always smiling.
  4. Ru535

Comment by 'Ru535' in media 'Japanese Red Maple'

That looks like a real beauty! Love them
  5. Ru535

Lambs ears

Hi Riverrock, I was very enamored by Lambs ears UNTIL I grew a lot of it as an edge to my street garden! There always seemed to be empty spots. I would dig it up and transplant more plants to that spot. It just never worked out. I always had empty spots with nothing but ugly roots showing...
  6. Little Spanish Iris

Little Spanish Iris

7. My very first Camelia

My very first Camelia

Evening Primrose
  8. My very first Camelia

My very first Camelia

Camellia
  9. Ru535

What am I?

Hi all of you. Seeing you talk about Milkweed makes me wonder if any of you remember-------during the WW11 I was in country school (one room for 8 grades, Gee, I'm ancient it seems) in Pennsylvania. The whole school would go out for a period and search out Milkweed and collect the frizzy...
  10. Ru535

Calla Lilies

Thanks for the welcome Kya and Laurie. Ru535
  11. Ru535

Calla Lilies

Back again, Ru, I had cut off the old blossoms that were so bad, but there was a new one that opened today. It was twisted but there was not a clue inside of any problem. The little candle like thing (I forget the terminology) inside was as clean as could be. Not even a bug or anything...
  12. Ru535

Calla Lilies

Ru Thanks for you advise, I KNOW there has to be nastiness in those blossoms---I haven't taken one apart, mainly because when I think about it I'm doing something else and don't' have gloves on. I will do that right now and get back to the site Ru535
  13. Ru535

Calla Lilies

Bernie, I don't know that I'm the one who should be telling you how to grow Calla Lilies, as I have said I have a big problem, BUT on the other hand, mine have grown in shade, sun, partial of both. I have moved four times in the last 11 years and taken them with me each time. They have...
  14. Ru535

Calla Lilies

I have grown Callas for ten years or more. A few years ago I noticed that some were growing very weird. As the blooms begin to open, they DO NO OPEN as they should. They seem twisted and ugly. The high ones are the worst. None of them are pretty anymore, although they attain their height...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back