Recent content by SoCal Gardener

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. SoCal Gardener

Passion {Flower} Fruit

Update: I've got about a half dozen fruit developing so far. Can't wait for them to ripen so I can get a taste!
  2. SoCal Gardener

My banana project

Thanks Ron'sGardens
  3. SoCal Gardener

My banana project

Here's a shot that included my abyssinian banana grove along with my elephant ears and guava.
  4. SoCal Gardener

Please pray for Randy

I'm new here and just found this thread! I'm so touched by how you all care for Randy and your faith in God to heal him is shared openly here. Randy I hope you get well and a get the care you need. I will add you to my prayers as well. God bless you all, Chris
  5. SoCal Gardener

Tropical Fruits

This is kinda cool with the coleus, guava and edge of passion vine Going to try timber bamboo.
  6. SoCal Gardener

My banana project

Thanks RonsGarden!
  7. SoCal Gardener

My banana project

Yes, don't mean to sound ungrateful. At the risk of sounding boastful, I love the weather here.
  8. SoCal Gardener

My banana project

Thanks Crabbergirl, fortunately the long summers are at this location bring only breezes. The fall and winter brings heavy Santa Ana winds which mutilate the bananas. So while they live year round outdoors, they only look amazing half the year. It's worth it though even if my wife complains
  9. SoCal Gardener

My banana project

Full sun is best. If very hot, then more water. Wind not so good as you see mine get tattered.
  10. SoCal Gardener

Tropical Fruits

Thank you Kya. Glad you enjoyed
  11. SoCal Gardener

Passion {Flower} Fruit

I planted passifloria edulis this past late summer and just got flowers popping up a few weeks ago. I was so excited to see this this morning! I can't wait to taste the fruit. I'd be happy if this became invasive. I think it depends to some extent on the variety. The edulis won't tolerate much...
  12. SoCal Gardener

My banana project

Thanks Wombat! This will be my first Ice Cream Banana. I'm really curious to how it will taste. I expect to get flowers on that tallest stalk within a month or two if I'm lucky!
  13. SoCal Gardener

Tropical Fruits

Thanks Wombat!
  14. SoCal Gardener

Tropical Fruits

Asian guava Strawberry guava Hibiscus Shrimp plant
  15. SoCal Gardener

Tropical Fruits

I'm new here so pardon me if this is not a new topic. But my gardening interest is in tropical fruits and flowering tropicals. My collection at this time is: Banana plants Mango Brugmansia Plumeria Passion Fruit

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back