Recent content by tricon7

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. T

Stinging on skin after touching orange tree

I've never had a reaction to citrus that I know of. In fact, I'm sure I had to have brushed against this very tree several times when picking off the dead oranges after we moved here, and nothing happened then. It's weird.
  2. T

Yes, I know what sand gnats are, but this was much worse - like needles going into the skin. If it was the oils in the tree, I must be almost allergic to it, along with my wife, for me to react like this. If citrus affects us this way, I think I'd rather not have a citrus tree in our yard at...
  3. T

Both my wife and I, on separate occasions, experienced severe stinging on our hands/arms after merely brushing against our backyard orange tree. We just moved to the property, and the tree hadn't been watered or fertilized properly, but it seems to be recovering now. I was pruning some dead...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back