Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. L

Black thumb from upstate NY

I appreciate all your help. Do you suggested killing off all the grass first or could I just start planting?
  2. L

Thanks. I like that idea.
  3. L

Would love to straighten the wall but ran out of money doing other upgrades. I'm officially broke and barely living paycheck to paycheck. Which is why I want to sell. House is too nog for me to maintain upkeep now. :(
  4. L

Hi and thanks for the reply. House is next to patio at bottom of slope. Above ground pool at top. I'm trying to sell the house so would like to spend as little as possible. Two prospective buyers mentioned the yard was too hilly so trying to diminish mowing areas so others won't be turned off...
  5. L

Oops and another Another pic. The hill to the right of the stairs gets a little sun in the late afternoon. Hill to the left gets sun starting around noon. I was thinking of covering with dark plastic to kill off the grass then do a simple ground cover. Can I do that now or should I wait...
  6. L

Pics of hill I don't know if I should post here to continue the conversation about my hilly yard or start a new thread. Please let me know mods. Here are a few pics although you can't really get the feel of the hill grade.
  7. L

I wish that were the case here. I spent well over an hour mowing my hill of a yard. Never know I live with my 19 year oldunemployed son. Grrrr
  8. L

Flower Identification?

Thanks. It is big like a dinner plate.
  9. L

Bummer. I can't afford a goat so I guess i'll stick to ground cover. LOL
  10. L

I wish I had a goat. Can you send one?
  11. L

Hi, Bobbi. I have a sister Bobbi (real name Veronica).
  12. L

I just realized so many of you offered up some ideas and things to send. Thank you very much. The areas are shadey most of the day (morning) and sunny mid-late afternoon until sun set. I believe the hills face the south. I'm not sure about the type of soil. Currently the hills are covered...
  13. L

My ex-h is from Lake Katrine which is next to Kingston. :)
  14. L

I wish I shared your enthusiasm. I guess the old saying "the grass is always greener..." I would love flat. I'm trying to sell the house and the hill has chased away 2 prospects. :mad: I'll have to post a pic of the 2 steepest areas and get some ideas.
  15. L

Thanks, everyone for the warm welcomes.
  16. L

Thanks, SandiB.
  17. L

Hello, new here. I LOVE beautiful flowers and gardens, but I have tried and failed to grow my own. I have basic flowers here and there in the yard (hanging baskets), but would love to have a garden that pops and adds to my curb appeal and back yard sanctuary. Most of my yard is a hill and I'm...
  18. L

Flower Identification?

TY Thanks for your quick reply. I'll start there. :)
  19. L

Flower Identification?

I see this flower every year in front of a house in my town. I love it. It's big, bold and looks like paper. This pic isn't the best quality, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back