Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. M

How to deadhead Lupines

I'll see if I can take some this weekend.
  2. M

How to deadhead Lupines

Gotcha. Well I guess the trick is just to have a lot of plants then. :D I really like these. I had never seen them before and saw them on sale at Home Depot so I grabbed four and then started growing a bunch in the window. One pot will be ready for planting soon.
  3. M

How to deadhead Lupines

That's a bummer. What do most people do? Do they deadhead these or just let them seed?
  4. M

How to deadhead Lupines

Hi guys, I recently planted some russell's mix lupines and boy are they pretty. I'd like to deadhead them in hopes of getting more blossoms, but to chop off the flower seems to mean chopping the plant in half! :confused: Do you really just chop the hole stalk off, or is there a better way...
  5. M

Another Plant ID Thread

Hahaha, just like, "one man's trash..." I say if it looks good and isn't a headache to maintain it's not a weed. :P
  6. M

Another Plant ID Thread

Thanks Ron! Yeah, I was thinking the blooms looked shaped very similar to my purple snapdragon. Wild snapdragon, huh? Funny the site calls this a weed!
  7. M

Another Plant ID Thread

I've googled photos of euphorbia and my plant looks quite different from those photos, espeically now that it's getting little blooms on it. Here are some pics of them. Still think this is euphorbia?
  8. M

Another Plant ID Thread

Great thanks guys. I have a little garden area next to an RV pad that gets full sun and doesn't have sprinklers run to it. That is my desert garden if you will. Since this plant grew so well without any care at all I decided to move it there and so far so good. My neighbor said it looked...
  9. M

Another Plant ID Thread

So is that a weed? Or in other words will people look at me strange for having it in a flower bed? :p
  10. M

Another Plant ID Thread

Ha, good to know. A buddy of mine offered to let me have the plant for my flower bed and I loved the look of them (I don't ever see them in my neighborhood) so I came to get it. Well as I drove through his neighborhood I saw them poking up in his neighbor's lawns. That got me nervous, but I...
  11. M

Another Plant ID Thread

Here's another one. I really like the look of these, but isn't this a weed? I've seen them growing in people's lawns and so I don't want to plant it if it's going to spread everywhere.
  12. M

Another Plant ID Thread

Many thanks!
  13. M

Another Plant ID Thread

Ok, have some more here! :D These are growing in my very unfinished back yard (for now) but there are no other plants like these in the whole yard. Any clue what they are? These are growing under the fence and have very soft, fuzzy leaves...
  14. M

Tree Privacy Wall

Thanks everyone! :) Do you have any input on these questions above? I'm still wrestling with those.
  15. M

Tree Privacy Wall

Thanks! Yeah, I think it has potential - it's just going to be a lot of work. Should be rewarding to watch it take shape though. Within the next month I'm going to be working on getting all the sprinkler lines/heads in. We live in a valley that is technically a desert so that's exactly...
  16. M

Tree Privacy Wall

Ok, here are some pics of the back yard and a crude plan that I have for it. What do you think?
  17. M

Tree Privacy Wall

Wow, great suggestions and very helpful information, both of you. Thank you so much! I'm going to work on those photos (I didn't have time last night) and then my back yard plan and you can tell me what you think? Every yard in my neighborhood is landscaped except mine and I'm sure the...
  18. M

Tree Privacy Wall

Hi Ron, thanks for replying. Yes, I will get some photos up. I also have a map/plan of sorts that I can post that shows what we plan to do with the whole back yard. Yeah, I was trying to decide between some thing like that (someone suggested a type of Juniper) or a deciduous kind of tree...
  19. M

Tree Privacy Wall

Hello everyone, My wife and I bought our first home a few months ago and the back yard is completely unlandscaped. That is a downer, but at least we get to create it just how we want. Our lot is .29 acres if I remember right so the back yard is decent sized (at least as lots go around...
  20. M

Saw these at a local theme park...

Haha, touche. :D I never thought about the seeding. I figured they'd have to be purchased and planted every year. Duh on my part. :rolleyes: Maybe I'll look in to these afterall.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back