Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. T

my lettuce needs help!

Nice Randy, everyone deserves a nice scare now and then. I'd say get a ghost costume or maybe a hockey mask and a chainsaw then you'll be all set.
  2. T

my lettuce needs help!

Trust me Randy theres been a few times where i almost fell down cause it snuck up on my and next thing you know it's upside down hovering in front of my face, but hey it was good for a laugh. and yeah it's a shame, Corn can be so rewarding if it's untouched by animals and insects but...
  3. T

my lettuce needs help!

sorry about the pictures let's try this again. It's unfortunate how it's so hard to achieve something that's so simple to conceive. That brings up another good point, while squirrels haven't been an issue for me thus far, I haven't seen any near my garden since this has been up.
  4. T

my lettuce needs help!

well it's tuesday, and a couple of weeks past when i said I'd post back but i didn't want to make a fool of myself. After giving up on fencing in my whole garden, I decided to put 270 bucks on the table and get an aircro, i figured if it works like it says it works i shouldn't have to worry...
  5. T

How much to charge for pumpkins

I agree with crabber girl, prices sound alright but it's gonna depend on the yield come september/october. A guy near me gives em away for free so i hope your not in central jersey ;)
  6. T

Grass Clippings As Mulch

I try to gather some nice crisp straw, make sure it has no seeds in it, and lay it about 4 or 5 inches thick throughout my whole garden. It usually lasts me all season without the sight of a single weed, drainage is no issue as the water goes right through to the plant. Best of all it usually...
  7. T

my lettuce needs help!

First off the carbon monoxide choke out method is definitely an interesting one... Don't know if I have the stomach for it though. On the same hand however i get what crabbergirls saying, as ugly as these groundhogs are I don't want to kill them... until they eat my lettuce, then for a few...
  8. T

my lettuce needs help!

Thanks a lot for the reply, I've been considering a deep fence for a while but just can't seem to find the time to put in to do it. I have a large area probably close to an acre that I plan on planting this year so It's going to take a while, I guess time and commitment comes along with having a...
  9. T

my lettuce needs help!

this is my first time with a veggie garden, and I've been told numerous times to get my lettuce in early, so I did. I have 8 plants in and they have been doing quite well until I went out one day and noticed I only had 7 plants and a stub of what was once a lettuce plant. After looking into it I...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back