Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. drivepirate

Update

Quick post before I head off to work. Last night I dug a new bed on the south side of the house. I am amended the soil with everything I had including lime and horse compost. Then and only then did I look up potato info and I read that your NOT supposed to add lime OR fresh manure. I planted the...
  2. drivepirate

Now what to do...

Have you ever been in the garden area and find a deal that you couldn't pass just to get home and realize you just created a lot more work for yourself? Well it happened to me! I found these great looking 4" veggie pots at Bi-mart for $1 each and I went nuts and got all our summer starts. I...
  3. drivepirate

Cover crop for winter in the Pacific Northwest

In my quest to bring life back to the heavy clay soil in my garden beds. I plan on planting a "cover crop" to cut down on erosion from all the rain we get up here in the Willamette Valley. I read somewhere about biointensive planting and that you should allways have something planted so that the...
  4. drivepirate

It happened again...

Tonight I dug out the seed packets to talk with the wife and decide what seeds to start. Wow! I have about 40 packets of seeds from the last 3 years. I have 4 general types of seeds. 1: Herbs. 2: Hot summer sow indoor (tomato, eggplant, peppers, corn). 3: Cool weather direct sow (lettuce, kale...
  5. drivepirate

Onions in the Northwest/zone 8a?

Has anyone planted Walla Walla onions in the pacific northwest? I picked up a bunch of cut onions from the feed store the other day on a whim and I'm gonna plant em soon. I have 3cu fft of Natures brand compost/soil conditioner. I was gonna just mix 3" in the top and shove these in between our...
  6. drivepirate

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest

I have recently started using Tapatalk on my phone so that I can read forums anytime so I'm trying out gardenforum... I live in the PNW and am on my 3rd year gardening on .5 acre with a small 20x20 plot plus an herb garden in the front. I'm thinking about renting a tiller this year but worried...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back