Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. rcredmon

pumpkin plants not growing well.

Cool. I'll look into it. Thanks.
  2. rcredmon

Another update...as of this morning, I've lost my entire large planter of pumpkins. I just got back in the house after tossing the lot of them. I was going to try to control the powdery mildew, but upon inspection, I noticed several of the vines had split and looked rotted. Then I saw the maggot...
  3. rcredmon

What is this county extension office you speak of?
  4. rcredmon

So...an update on my pumpkins....the small bed seems to be showing some growth now that it's gotten hotter, and after I pinched off the blossoms. But, the large planter that was doing so well is slowly being taken over by powdery mildew, despite my best efforts to control it. I'm wondering if I...
  5. rcredmon

Yeah, I'm using liquid fertilizers once a week, Miracle gro one week, rabbit compost tea the next, and then epsom salt once every two weeks. Next year I'm going to prepare the bed, and plant the seed in it, or just one seed in a jiffy pot. Either way, I won't be trying to plant several in one...
  6. rcredmon

Yeah I may do that. I did snip off the blooms and they seem to be slowly growing a little more. but the thing of it is, that I've been using rabbit compost tea, miracle gro, and epsom salt, on all of my plants, and they're the only ones that don't seem to be reacting to it. And I've got the...
  7. rcredmon

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=617145571631964&set=a.617144448298743.1073741827.100000095806620&type=1&theater https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=617145531631968&set=a.617144448298743.1073741827.100000095806620&type=1&theater The top link is to the "sickly plants" and the...
  8. rcredmon

Ok, I will definitely try that. The learning curve for gardening is pretty steep lol. I've learned a lot of lessons this year already that I'll institute next season. Thanks for the help.
  9. rcredmon

Hello, At the beginning of spring, my two year old and I planted six pumpkin seeds in a container. I did this with two containers actually, so I planted a total of twelve seeds. (of course I now know that you shouldn't do that). Later on after they began to sprout I built two raised bed...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back