Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. G

Ashes in compost?

You can absolutely add wood ashe to your compost and garden. Done it all our lives :) often use wood ash in place of garden lime, as it is alkaline.
  2. G

It happened again...

Always always always be amending your soil with organic matter like compost and manure. Spring and fall, between plantings. It will keep your soil healthy, your plants happy, and give you a fantastic garden. And yes, collecting too many seeds is a problem for most gardeners ;D
  3. G

Fertilizer/feed help

I hope your season of gardening has gone well. Personally, I find that each spring, when tilling in the soil, adding in a goodly amount of compost and composted manure with tilling does wonders for the soil, helping it to hold moisture and giving the plants natural nutrients. We live in a high...
  4. G

Cover crop for winter in the Pacific Northwest

Hope this helps :) http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/crops/facts/cover_crops01/covercrops.htm
  5. G

Dual question on corn, Please help, I think my corn is ruined!

Here, I hope this helps. I realize this was posted a few weeks ago, so hopefully everything is turning out well for you :) http://www.organicgardening.com/learn-and-grow/corn-growing-guide
  6. G

Help! What is happening to my tomatillo plant?

Take your pictures down to your local garden centre. And I mean a local garden centre that is independently owned where the people actually know about plants and gardening, not a big franchise/chain store. They should be able to help you identify local pests like this, and give you ideas for...
  7. G

Rotting Pepper Plants, Please Help!

It looks like some sort of fungus, which is a problem with a lot of vegetables, and can indeed effect just the fruit. You could try spraying your plant down every couple of days with a solution of one tablespoon baking soda to 1 litre of water. Baking soda is antibacterial, and will not burn the...
  8. G

Comment by 'Green Gardens' in media 'Giant Vegetable Garden'

That is awesome! lmao you need a deck on your roof to reach the corn!
  9. G

Comment by 'Green Gardens' in media 'IMG_2072'

Love the jungle :)
  10. G

Comment by 'Green Gardens' in media 'becca's onions'

Nice little onions started there. I love the dividers for that garden pot. I want one! lol
  11. G

damping off - yup another thread on it

I would agree that it is something in the soil when you transplant them. Whether it is a sort of fungus or root rot, or grubs of some sort attacking your seedlings, it's hard to say. If you have noticed any little white grubs in the soil that would be your problem. If, however, it is some sort...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back