Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Stone_Family3

Pumpkin Question

So we are considering doing a 12ft x 12ft section of our front yard in pumpkins next year. About how many pumpkin plants could we plant in that space? About how many pumpkins do you get per plant? Thanks in advance.
  2. Stone_Family3

Don't know if I'm in the right section but I have a peonies problem

My DH bought me some little peonies plants two years ago. I planted inthe front yard. They've yet to get more then 6 inches high and 6 or seven inches round. My mom bought from the same company, does less work then me and they are huge every year. The first year my husband ran them over at the...
  3. Stone_Family3

Compost Tea?

So I'm planning a big tomato bed next year and want to try compost tea. Aside from a couple of youtube vids and a few articles I've read I don't know much else and would like some opinions. How much better did your plants do? Did you use it on tomatoes? Do you dilute it or just use it...
  4. Stone_Family3

What's the best way to get Acorns to Sprout?

DD is wanting to make acorns sprout just like in My Neighbor Totoro. Is there a good way to make them sprout? Would they grow okay in a bucket until they are big enought to transplant? Thanks
  5. Stone_Family3

Mulch?

Some of the websites I read said that tomatoes love warm soil so I can mulch to keep heat in and also to keep moisture in. Do you think that regular straw would be a good mulch? If not what do you recommend? This will probably be tilled up in the fall in order to plant some other type of...
  6. Stone_Family3

Planting Tomatoes in the ground, setup help

So when you plant tomatoes do you just plant them and put the cage around them and let them grow into the cage? We are doing a very large tomato patch next year. 14'x 14-16' It will be nothing but tomatoes. So I am trying to gather up cages now. But are cages the best thing to use? I was...
  7. Stone_Family3

Two Random Plant ID's needed please

Any one know what this plant is? I'm in Zone five, it is a vine and popped up. Okay now this plant is kind of bushy and is growing next to a garage.
  8. Stone_Family3

Another greenhouse question

I have lots of wood to build the frame of a greenhouse my DH wants it done like yesterday. Can I just cover it in plastic and use staples or nails to hold the plastic in place? What do I use to keep the plastic from tearing? Any suggestions or ideas where I can see lots of different...
  9. Stone_Family3

Do you know what this plant is? Cause I don't....

What is this mystery plant. showed up in the back yard, hardly gets any shade. Any Clue?
  10. Stone_Family3

Our winter was weird and now my roses suffer.

My two rose bushes grew great last year. Problem is we started with a really weird winter (both bloomed until almost christmas) now one has died and the other is growing but no flowers no buds no nothing. I am a nature will take care of it kind of person, I only plant what will survive in colder...
  11. Stone_Family3

Searching for a perfect tree

We are hopefully going to be moving on our very own plot of (larger land) soon (4.22 acres). I am looking for the perfect tree. -Not a pine tree -Must grow ginormous -Be fairly disease and bug resistant (I'm not a very good and attentive grower..lol) -Flowers are okay -Okay with all types...
  12. Stone_Family3

Can I use plexi glass for my greenhouse?

I would like to use plexiglass for my greenhouse since I will be getting it for free. I know it will crack and get brittle over time. But is it still a good material? Also what if I just did a plexiglass roof and windows but had an actual building (like converting an old shed)? Any thoughts?
  13. Stone_Family3

Make a rain barrel easy!

This is a really quick and easy way to make a rain barrel. Just thought I'd share with you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zAiYav3UGk
  14. Stone_Family3

Can I still use seeds from an unripe tomato?

My lovely daughter beat me to the last tomato plant and pulled off an unripe tomato. I was wondering if the seeds in the tomato would be usable for planting next year? Thanks in advance Sophie with her very own gourd
  15. Stone_Family3

Heirloom Tomatoes?

So I'm a sucker for color, and I've also started planning for next years garden project. I've considered doing Heirloom tomatoes and would like to get some opinions on them. Anything just general info. Thanks.
  16. Stone_Family3

Planting in Tires

So I'm trying to find a use for used tires. I know you can use them as planters for flowers but what about veggies and fruits? Are there chemicals that can leach into the plant or any problems I should be concerned about?
  17. Stone_Family3

Is it to late to plant tomatoes?

I'm new here and I have a question. I live in zone 5 and was wondering if it was to late to plant cherry tomatoes? My kid has eaten all of them and I need more! The seed pack says 70 days which would be the end of september. Any info would be great.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back