Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Doug in Alaska

What's the weather in your area? 2023 Edition

Oh, and of course, Vegemm.
  2. Doug in Alaska

What's the weather in your area? 2023 Edition

Temperature here is 10 degrees Fahrenheit. Woke up to 9" of new snow this morning. Dang, it's probably been a good 8 to 10 years since I've posted on this forum. Life got in the way and I kind of gave up on gardening. However, I retired on July 1 and plan to fire up the greenhouse in the...
  3. Doug in Alaska

What's the weather in your area? 2022 Edition

I'm about 55 miles north of Anchorage but a record temperature of 80ºF was recorded in Anchorage yesterday. Temperature here at the house was 82ºF.
  4. Doug in Alaska

What's the weather in your area? 2022 Edition

Mainegal and Crabbergirl, It's been a long time since I've posted on this forum, needed to spend most of my time dealing with the dogs and herding trials so kind of let gardening rest. Anyway, glad to see you are both still here and posting your gardening experiences. Doug in AK
  5. Doug in Alaska

Peonies Help Needed

Thanks much for the advice, I'll give it a try. I may have to start all over next year with new plants. Peonies do very, very well here in Alaska so I thought it odd to have problems. Thought maybe my green thumb was going to heck the same as my back, eye sight, hearing, etc.... :D
  6. Doug in Alaska

Peonies Help Needed

Two years ago I had to remove two peonies after having them for almost 25 years. They were in an area between the front sidewalk and the house. They were beautiful for many years but finally stopped doing well. Last year I planted replacement peonies I bought from a local greenhouse and they...
  7. Doug in Alaska

More Doggie Pictures

I didn't realize skunks were so hard on chickens. There are no skunks in Alaska but I've been around a few while growing up in Idaho. Must be interesting to dispose of - gloves and nose plug?
  8. Doug in Alaska

More Doggie Pictures

Great to see you again Kale! Yep, I'm still battling the moose. I put in a showy mountain ash and a flowering crab apple this spring and the ash was a bare stump the next morning. This was an all time record, never lost one that quickly before. :( Glad you liked the dog pictures. This...
  9. Doug in Alaska

More Doggie Pictures

Thanks Randy and Kya D. Blueaussi, I totally understand your bias, I loved my aussies. IMHO the Australian Shepherd is probably the most beautiful of the herding group and makes a darned good companion also. This dog's loyalty is amazing; we have a few up here who compete and they are...
  10. Doug in Alaska

More Doggie Pictures

Thanks Randy, and BTW, it's very good to see you again!
  11. Doug in Alaska

More Doggie Pictures

Here is a photo of Tucker during an AKC herding trial. A sheep had split and he is retrieving it back to the flock. Sorry about all the photos but I'm passionate about my dogs. I wanted a challenge when I got him. Ha, I think I got more than I bargained for!!!!
  12. Doug in Alaska

More Doggie Pictures

Here's my boy Tucker, the ACD:
  13. Doug in Alaska

More Doggie Pictures

Blueaussi, Your aussie is gorgeous! I've had a few aussies in the past, my most recent was Spice. She is my soul mate and is waiting for me on the other side of the bridge. I lost her about four years ago. I still miss her dearly but now have an ACD, can you imagine?! This is Spice:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back