Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. shadylane5acres

Upcoming Spring Planting

You may need to amend your soil for growing cantalope due to sunflowers draining the nutruients from it like nitrogen. You may want to add nitrogen to your area of planting the cantalopes.:)
  2. shadylane5acres

Upcoming Spring Planting

The area where you have had your sunflowers...you will most likely need to amend the soil with nitrogen. Sunflower deplete the soil of nutrients. Your cantalopes may require more.:)
  3. shadylane5acres

I require a little help

Hello theanticlimactic, you are correct most herbs need excellent drainage. I have killed many by over watering. Take your finger tip and dig about 1/4 inch down in the soil. If you find that your soil is still moist that would be plenty of moisture till the next watering. When is the next...
  4. shadylane5acres

I require a little help

Well I'm thinking of something in concideration with your basil growing, so why not a tea. Basil is a good companion with lemon balm and rose petals. Lemon Balm or 'Melissa officinalis' have medicinal properties such as stuffiness from a cold, being known as a mild vasodilator. The parts that...
  5. shadylane5acres

I require a little help

Growing herbs have a few requirements to meet their needs... You want to start with a good soil that does not hold water,for thyme this condition is critical. Look for an easy drainage type of soil so that the herbs can dry out between waterings. Then Warmth and lighting. Use a heating mat or...
  6. shadylane5acres

Giant Strawberries (questions)

That is a beautiful looking strawberry, Are you using any other type of watering and feeding methods besides the synthetic way.
  7. shadylane5acres

About the Sunflower Cafe

Curbie I don't think the "TeaParty" had a good start to begin with...Havent' heard about it anyway. Ooops, I like hot tea and cold tea. Love the tea cup and pot Ron Hello Scotkat :)
  8. shadylane5acres

About the Sunflower Cafe

I enjoyed the readings about tea, I too am a big tea drinker...I'd like to know where one can buy loose tea in the containers with out being bagged. I know Lipton sells loose tea which is awsome, great color too. I was thinking about the loose herbal teas with out the bags. I can never find them...
  9. shadylane5acres

Photo Needed

Bob the turkey looks inviting.. Your photo gallery is very nice, love the city photo, and Japanese garden. Found the site of actor Dennis Hopper's photo gallery, he too was quite good.
  10. shadylane5acres

Bees ~ Our Garden Friends

Just sharing some information that I came across...interesting,and humorous The domestic honeybee we know today is native to Europe and Africa. The pioneer botanist Linnaeus first named it Apis mellifera which means "honey-bearing". He later revised it to mellificameaning "honey-making...
  11. shadylane5acres

let's talk Thanksgiving

Duck with wild rice. Pumpkin pie and a veggie or three. Home made bread. One of the best family gatherings no fuss and a lot of chit chat and family time. We usually start the Christmas holiday out at this time with "It's a wonderful life" and "Christmas Story" after dishes are done we all sit...
  12. shadylane5acres

Photo Needed

Nice table setting Randy, Bob you have done a nice job putting the recipes in place, I see now why members are saying your a real neat guy:) Seriously, they are in nice order.
  13. shadylane5acres

Greetings!!

Welcome halfway, hope you enjoy this great gardening forum as much as I have. Folks here are friendly and jump in to answer questions. Bob is great, down to earth type of fellow, joins in with the group. Welcome again. :)
  14. shadylane5acres

Randy you are awakening my taste buds...yum :) I have a old blue book that came with a hand-me-down caner years ago. There are a lot of different and unusual recipies,some I've not heard nor tried. Crabbergirl, no problem with the information,I hav n't been able to come on here in a few days...
  15. shadylane5acres

No problem with the wait on information, I know the that dial up is so tiresome...we called about getting air signal but as yet havn't heard from the man. The exchange for honey is a great trade, the taste is so different from store bought. I'm still studying bees on the do's and don'ts so...
  16. shadylane5acres

Re-Landscaping Neglected Gardens on the North Shore of Lake Erie

Thank you Ron for the web site, I made a book mark and will spend more time there. It is a very nice ordering site, cant wait to look further into it. Thanks again.
  17. shadylane5acres

Please Let me know how im doing

smackem the sprouts are taking well, my eyes must be a little tired but what's the progress with the avocado? Is it starting to root?
  18. shadylane5acres

All Things Lenten Rose

Welcome Giardini, sound as if you have done this before, knowing the phase. Good gardening with them.
  19. shadylane5acres

New from Colorado

Welcome Bloomin Prairie, your member name fits very well with your state. Welcome! Glad to have you with us.
  20. shadylane5acres

White Pine weeping sap

I'll make a clean sweep and gather all and burn them, thank you for the reminder. Thank you again Ron.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back