Coops Gravel and stepping Stone Path

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

gardencoop

Hello fellow gardeners and landscapers! I was having some issues with water reaching my lawn and was tired of the dried, dead, patchy spots, so I decided to make myself a nice gravel path to my gazebo. Here are some pics of the process.

So ugly! Graded area ready for dirt removal
106.jpg

Let the digging begin
113-1.jpg

126-1.jpg

Added a boarder
127-1.jpg

Starting to fill er up!
140.jpg

141.jpg

Almost done (still need a lil more gravel)
DSC06124.jpg

DSC06123.jpg

That's it for now, def gotta get a few more bags of gravel. Also, I am going to be planting some Tropicana Canna Lillie's in the bare patch to the right of the path.

Thanks for viewing :)
Greg

Very nice Greg!
I like the way you think!
You work around with what you have to creat a low-maintenance garden suited to your climate!

Thanks, Ron! Gotta do what I can with what I got right?! :p It's all about doing it for little to no money, using the environment and most importantly, having fun! :D

Greg,
That is awesome. I love using what I have and then capitalizing on it. The path really made a nice focal point.

Finally all done w the planting. Still gotta add a couple more bags of gravel to fill it all the way up.

Planted 3 Australian Canna lilys and some blue fescue grass on the boarder. Added some brown mulch as well for aesthetics and moisture and weed control. Now time to watch it all grow. Yay.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311272199.168454.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311272199.168454.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 475
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311272217.334914.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311272217.334914.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 443
That looks way cool! :) And it's giving me ideas too cause we gotta remake the gardens here anyway. Good work, Greg! :D

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back