My plants from Crabbergirl

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Trax

Ron wanted to see my Mexican Petunia I got from Crabbergirl but I like all those plants sooo much I decided to start a new thread and show out! :D
I've been way busy so I only have a few shots right now that I took today. The 1st on is the Mexican Petunia. It's getting huge and looking awesome! :cool:
The plant on the right is the Devil's Walking Stick tree.

7443139694_eeeb256e9e_z.jpg

Z100 by Trax, on Flickr

This is a closer look at the Devil's Walking Stick tree. Btw, I'll be putting both plants in the shade outside for about 2 weeks before I plant them. I know 1 week is prolly enough but they may need more time to get familiar with OK weather, LOL!

7443136030_cbcf0371fb_z.jpg

Z103 by Trax, on Flickr

The top died on the cactus plant but it made a tiny arm and that's prolly gonna be a big new piece later. :D

7443141966_c5431244cc_z.jpg

Z101 by Trax, on Flickr

I still have 2 of the Giant Aloe plants. One got sick but it's well again and growing. This one never got sick.

7443145944_8dce477179_z.jpg

Z102 by Trax, on Flickr

I'll post more pics when I can. I totally love these plants, btw! :)

Cool!
Thanks for sharing Josh!
I think your cactus is not a cactus, but a euphorbia!
Not sure which species though.

Thanx! :) I wrote the name of the cactus type plant down somewhere and I remember euphorbia was part of the name. I def needa look that up again.

looking good Trax , thanks for sharing with use , could you by chance tell me what kind of Aloe you have there ? I have it but no name , makes lots of little ones , I been trying to trade the young ones , one of them is about as big as Moma now , wont have room for them this winter.

Trax, The family is looking good. That Mexican Petunia will take off once the temps stay warm. I love the flowers it puts off too. So glad everyone is doing so well for you. Can't remember the full name of the euphoria. Maybe I can find it for you.

Nancy,
I have always referred to them as Giant Aloe , they are in the agave family if I am not mistaken. They do get huge and produce tons of babies. The hummingbirds love the flowers too by the way ;)

You are right Nancie, aloes are in the agave family!
Finally found one that is good to zone 6a/b called Hesperaloe parviflora (False Red Yucca).
The seedlings are doing great. Next winter will be a real test to see how hardy they actualy are. They have firm grass-like leaves that grow upright so the plant has a V shape. When mature they send up stalks with red/scarlet tube shaped flowers that are said to be a hummingbird magnet...we'll see next year if they keep growing like they are!

Last edited:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back