Ohhhh, do i need help with this big, overgrown girl.

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Whinsome

I do some side gardening for a client and he has this huge, very overgrown rose and wants to cut it back, which has not happened in many years. It does bloom some but mostly on the very long legs. I'm wondering if someone can guide me on how best to cut it back...I'm sure waaaaay back and hopefully, still have a couple of blooms this summer! I have looked at other forums and advice about pruning rose bushes but nothing really compares to how overgrown this baby is. There are also a few legs of new bushes starting close to the base of this too..but just legs of a couple ft long? Should those go or stay? I have taken off some dead trunk and legs from this...they were very dead. :/ Thanks so much for any advice given!

Attachments

• IMG_3555.jpeg
    IMG_3555.jpeg
    853.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3553.jpeg
    IMG_3553.jpeg
    732.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3554.jpeg
    IMG_3554.jpeg
    775.7 KB · Views: 27

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back