Recipe Southern English Pea Salad

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

S

Sweet Basil

The fourth of July was so much fun at our house, but summer isn’t over yet! We have just enough time to bust out a few more summer recipes like this Southern English Pea Salad.

southern-english-pea-salad-with-bacon-6.jpg

Southern Pea English Salad may or may not be Southern at all.

Phew, glad I got that off my chest. I don’t know where English pea salad originated from, or why it’s so dang good considering it’s the world’s shortest list of ingredients, but I do know that any time someone shares a photo of a Southern Potluck or church spread, there’s that pea salad! Clearly it’s worth talking about, and while the name says it’s an English dish, well bacon and the fact that I keep seeing it associated with the South makes it a dash of Southern in my book.

(more…)

The post Southern English Pea Salad appeared first on Oh Sweet Basil.

Continue reading...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back