Tree identification

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Chunafish

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if any of you know what type of tree this is? (See attachments)

Thanks,

Chunafish

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 323
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 313
Hey Chuna!
Welcome to our forum!
Does it have insignificant tiny flower in the spring follwed by small black berries in late summer lasting well into the fall?

Thanks for the reply!

I'm not sure, I've only just moved into this house so haven't been here during spring. I'm planning of loading the side of the yard with stone fruit trees and this guy is at the start of the run.

Cheers,
Chuna

There are several species if hackberry which are all native to north america.
As to which one, even the experts would have trouble identifying it!
The leaves look similar to linden, or basswood whick is another possibility as there are several species of them also.

Yeah we have an apricot out the front... I'm surprised at what a mystery this tree is turning out to be!

Thanks for all your replies so far... :)

Chuna

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back