Recent content by firecrackerktm

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. F

Firecracker's xeriscape friendly lawn, garden area and patio

Just realized I still need to fix the boards my dog chewed on :o
  2. F

Another busy weekend! We hauled home FOUR truckloads of rock (just the Mr and I and a wheelbarrow, my legs are about dead). We got the ratty ugly area between the house and garage all covered in weedmat and several inches of gravel. We have a huge pile of big granite boulders ready to go in the...
  3. F

We got SO much done today ... I feel really good that it will live this time lol :p 1. Moved blanketflowers that were choking roses from the front to the rear flower bed 2. Began to build pathway from front porch to rear yard--got edging in and weed fabric down, just need 1 truckload of...
  4. F

Hello all.

Goodness that's the ideal not the current! I won't post pics of its current state. I *just* about got taken off the road by a crazy guy on the freeway ... when I called the police he had already gotten reported several times. It made me glad I was in my F150 not on my bike. Time is a problem...
  5. F

Hello all.

I can't imagine 4 ... 2 is more than enough. Yep, my whole list was on there just about. I looked all that stuff up last year. Cali poppies, blue flax, blanketflower, russian sage, lavender, yarrow, globe thistle ... everything that I liked from the xeri list. We are going to try the...
  6. F

Hello all.

I'm like a serial plant killer. I'm not sure it's from TLC though. My dog maybe, he does try to make sure everything is well watered ... I am splitting up and moving the blanketflowers, those are pretty happy here. Last year's flax is coming up great but last year's poppies are not. The bulbs...
  7. F

Hello all.

Oh yes I have. I still manage to kill them.
  8. F

Hello all.

Charlotte here, sort of a longtime newbie if that makes sense to y'all? I've always wanted a beautiful yard/garden, and I've made various attempts, mostly unsuccessful. Here are my challenges: I live in Colorado, an extremely arid climate yet too cold in winter for a lot of desert friendly...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back