Recent content by Redfishergurl

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Redfishergurl

White flies!!!! Grrrr

I'm using the Tapatalk forum app on my iPhone so forgive me if this question has been asked before - I'm sure it has. I have a serious whitefly issue and I can't seem to shut them down. I've tried a vinegar, water, and baking soda solution and it doesn't seem to make any difference. Any other...
  2. Redfishergurl

Arachnophobia

Lol now I feel kinda bad for killing all those harmless spiders....hundreds of them no joke! A few survived and have rebuilt their webs but I'm leaving them alone....a couple won't hurt but I'm going to make sure to take care of their egg sacs before they pose a problem again.
  3. Redfishergurl

Azaleas and Mosquitoes

I haven't heard anything of the sort, but you're seeing it happen then this is an awesome observation!
  4. Redfishergurl

Arachnophobia

Okay so I know how good spiders are for the garden. But you must understand the pool cage horror that I walk into everyday. Not delicately spun orbed webs, but massive cottony webs of doom filled with giant brown wooly spiders, two inch long black and yellow striped ones, and long strings of...
  5. Redfishergurl

Sedum, Bacopa, and Portulaca - what's the difference?

Thanks for explaining the difference so clearly - there are just some questions that even Google can't answer easily. :)
  6. Redfishergurl

repair terracotta

Saw this and thought of this post :) What a great idea if you can find enough drive lol
  7. Redfishergurl

Sedum, Bacopa, and Portulaca - what's the difference?

I really hope someone can explain this to me lol and hopefully provide a couple pictures - are Sedum, Bacopa, and Portulaca all related? How are they different? No real need to know, just genuinely curious :)
  8. Redfishergurl

My First Veggie Plot Journey

So I have spent a few days in my secret garden clearing a pathway....it's so much fun back there! I haven't encountered any snakes yet thank goodness lol, but I'm sure I'm making such a ruckus that it's scaring away anything in the brush. Plenty of spiders, though, pretty scary lol. I have...
  9. Redfishergurl

Very proud!

Amazing what one day will do!
  10. Redfishergurl

Very proud!

Gazania opened today :)
  11. Redfishergurl

Wow thanks for the help, I'm definitely gonna try solarizing. In the meantime, I found the best hidden gem.... A twelve foot wide property spanning two whole lots blocked off by fences that hasn't been touched for over 10 years! This area wasn't allowed to be fenced off among our property...
  12. Redfishergurl

A few pics from my flowers

Wow so beautiful! What zone are you in?
  13. Redfishergurl

Terrarium?

That is so incredibly adorable!! Your bulb made me think of Christmas ornaments as gifts!
  14. Redfishergurl

@Randy - Thanks for the info....it seems it'll be a pretty big undertaking for me, what with all the hard manual labor and me being a 4'11" 100lb girl lol....but I said I wanted a sense of accomplishment didn't I!!! @Crabbergirl - It's grassy, weedy, rocky, all kinds of not fun lol. I measured...
  15. Redfishergurl

Plumeria

@Wombat - Actually not a bad idea.... My next door neighbors have a fenced in yard and I just saw some Glades Morning Glory growing through the bottom.... I'm pretty sure they have a full on Florida native garden back there and I should pick their brain lol

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back