Recent content by Shah Jahan

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Shah Jahan

Cant germinate Rosary Pea from seeds

Duly noted. Thanks. Will try it in a few weeks. Will share results, hopefully positive! Thanks again.
  2. Shah Jahan

Thanks for the link. It was very informative. BUT it said that the hot water treatment was to induce scarification. AND since I priorly scarr the seed using a file, should I still use really hot water? I was thinking of taking a middle route and scarr the seed using a file and then use hot BUT...
  3. Shah Jahan

OK. But wouldn't the boiling water kill (and probably cook!) the seeds?! I know that I would remove the pot BEFORE putting the seeds, but doesn't boiling kills stuff (more so, since the seed is already scarred)? And how long do I have to keep them soaked? I was thinking 24 hours, since the seeds...
  4. Shah Jahan

I'd try loving my Rosary less. I don't have access to a live plant. Otherwise I was thinking of grafting. ================================== This is from a different forum I asked this same question in. But since I haven't gotten a response in three days, I'm asking it here. I'm...
  5. Shah Jahan

Since I have tried with 18 seeds, I've used different 'settings'. Ranging from ½ inch to 6 inches. I kept relatively dry to moist to wet and the soil was red commonly found in Maharashtra state of India (where I live) On this soil I've been successful in growing all that I tried. I've...
  6. Shah Jahan

I'm trying to plant Abrus precatorius, (known commonly as jequirity, Crab's eye, rosary pea, John Crow Bead, precatory bean, Indian licorice, Akar Saga, gidee gidee or Jumbie bead in Trinidad & Tobago) from seed and have had NO success. I've tried 1) Seed plantation. 2) Soaking seed for 1...
  7. Shah Jahan

Strongly Scented, Evergreen, Pot-Plantabe, Day-blooming flower plant?

Lavender doesn't grow here and do thyme ad basil produce strongly scented flowers? I did a search and found them listed as spices and in cuisines!
  8. Shah Jahan

The hunt is still on friends! After going through the list, I found that some were the name of the genus containing several hundreds species! Whereas others were night-blooming or didn't find it here. Need some more help! Thank you very much!
  9. Shah Jahan

Thank you everyone for your replies and the warm welcome. I did a little internet search and found that they too are fragrant in the evening. And are they really strongly scented during the day? Plus I'm not sure if it's legal or not as it's always in the press for some bad reasons, like...
  10. Shah Jahan

Hello. I have no idea about plants but wish to learn from the experts. I've fallen in love with my Raat ki Rani (Queen of the Night, Night-blooming Jasmine) plant and now wish to have a similar plant which blooms in the day. I'm looking for a plant that is, → Day blooming → Has a VERY...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back