Recent content by twinturbotom

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. T

Irrigation System

sink Thanks! It's been fun... Phase I will be completed this evening (bed valves and soaker hoses)... we'll have to wait to see when phase II will begin :) added a little spigot for watering plants outside of the bed. Still have little details to clean up... Thanks!
  2. T

Irrigation System

Irrigation almost done! below is an image of the 100ft long 2ft deep trench, dug by hand as the trend continues. Image also shows the 1-1/2 PVC piping from a rain barrel on the porch the garden... That image shows about 60% of the trench. I also ran low voltage landscaping wire and an...
  3. T

Irrigation System

80% done! we finished making the benches! Dug trench and piped from rain barrel to garden! YAY! Anyone recommend a filter of some sort for the barrel to garden or is that unnecessary? Also added up-lighting and a chandelier between the two trees... I'll have to append this post with a...
  4. T

Plant Care

Mulched my plants! Already notice the difference! Thanks!
  5. T

Irrigation System

Mulch! Thanks!! Woah this thread went in a different direction than my initial question... We have some family in town this weekend so we rushed to finish the underground irrigation (valves, boxes, PVC) and mulched!! So here's some images with mulch...getting closer to complete...
  6. T

Plant Care

I'm new to gardening and excited to learn through experience and some advice from the experienced (YOU!). We had a pretty big rain storm recently and it made me think about the proper way to care for my plants. Some of my new smaller plants ended up having leaves that were pretty dirty from...
  7. T

Irrigation System

Plants in beds! We've finished the two retaining walls, drainage system, beds, & most of the irrigation! Put the plants in beds too! YAY! Puppy and plants Still on the to do list: finish the hand pump / outdoor barrel sink piping. Mulch the circle. fabricate benches: We filled up our...
  8. T

Irrigation System

Garden update It's been lots of digging! Lots more to go. Here's one of the irrigation manifold: The rain barrels are up on the porch, so I still have to dig a 80ft long trench! Beds will be 3 4X4's tall. Not all of them are there yet! We are about to turn our attention to the...
  9. T

Irrigation System

I appreciate the response and insight. I'll put the soaker hose on top of soil, cover with paper, mulch and locate them right near plants! Thanks. I thought someone said having it below the top makes the plants roots grow as they move toward the water like the plants do toward light... not...
  10. T

Irrigation System

Couldn't find an irrigation section so hopefully this gets viewed! Starting a new garden space about 30-40 yards from house (spot with most sun light). Garden will be contain 3 raised beds (8X4 with 4x4's), seating, pots with herbs, and an old well hand pump. Layout attached.. Ignore text...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back