Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. M

Can you please identify this mishroom/fungi?

What a responsibility that would be wombat, but a wonderful service at the same time. I have no intention of eating my find, I even wore disposable gloves, and washed my hands after. Overly cautious :-) I am interested in identification purely to learn about them, and potentially stop further...
  2. M

Let's see your bbq's, and recipes.

I finally got the weather I needed to BBQ. It was only burgers and sausages, but it was great :-) Just need to finish off the edges with a bit of sealant to tidy it all up.
  3. M

Thanks - I am away in the lake district until mid next week, but I will get a better picture next week. Thanks for the help so far.
  4. M

If it stops raining, I think it will have to be something basic like burgers, sausages, and corn. That way I can get used to how the BBQ cooks, and holds heat. After that, everything I can get my hands on :-).
  5. M

I wish I lived close to you/that market! Seafood is my fave thing. Crab, prawn, oysters, mussels etc. The only thing I just don't get is lobster, crab is half the price and twice the taste in my opinion. I now understand your username:-)
  6. M

My veggie garden

Mr_yan. It would be worth you trying this recipe, but use 50% rhubarb and 50% apple. My wife adds oats in to the topping as well and it's lovely. If you still find it too tart, try some custard. http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/420616
  7. M

Thanks crabber, and the colours are very accurate.
  8. M

Thanks jade. Crabber - I love fire pits. A friend of mine has one. In summer when the heat of a fire is unwelcome, he fills it with ice and bottles of beer. Always enjoy going to his house, although he must think I am a control freak as I always end up taking over the BBQ. He made himself ill...
  9. M

Hello. After the recent wet weather in the uk, I wonder if anyone can identify this mushroom/fungi I seem to have in my garden. Thanks!
  10. M

Just realised I put this in the wrong forum area - apologies!
  11. M

Ron - a nice ribeye steak on the BBQ is pretty much perfection. Quite expensive here in England these days, so it takes concentration not to over do it. Jade - what's firemans chicken? Sounds interesting. Mr Yan - sounds like you BBQ a lot. I love paella, but it takes so long to do a good...
  12. M

Always loved Spanish style bbq's. But living in an apartment meant I couldn't ever have one. I just finished building this one as it was a great deal. Sorry it's a stock photo, it's been raining here and she's all wrapped up :-). Almost killed my wife and I moving the sections totalling 220kg...
  13. M

Large planter advice.

Looks like you did well. I won't be making it myself, wouldn't look as nice as that. I am going to have the joiner varnish it in a lighter colour, as it is a little dark for my taste.
  14. M

Large planter advice.

Thanks crabber. So right now I am thinking of having one of these as the centre piece, then corner shaped ones for the 4 corners. Covering the walk way between the planters with bark, then at the bottom part nearest the steps in gravel. Works out nicely as the gravel holding boxes, which I...
  15. M

Large planter advice.

Sounds a bit small Ron :-) Mr Yan - do you have any pictures? I am looking for ideas. Thanks both for your advice so far.
  16. M

Large planter advice.

That's pretty close, and an excellent guess. I measured in meters, and it is 4.3 wide x 8.0 meters long. Sounds like a good plan, I just need to double check the sun coverage. I am actually tempted to build them myself, but it may be best to ask my joiner friend if I don't want to be woken in...
  17. M

Large planter advice.

Hello Ron. Here's a picture. Not a great looking area, but the house was bought as a renovation project. I originally planned to cover in stone, but my wife came up with the planter idea, and I am becoming a keen gardener.
  18. M

Large planter advice.

I have a 32 square meter area of wasted space, which is covered in awful concrete at the moment, and is looking rather scruffy. Tempted to get some large waist height wooden planters to grow more veg and plants. Anyone have experience with planters like this? As they will be on the floor (to...
  19. M

Moss in my lawn.

My garden gets lots of sunshine, but thinking about it, where the moss is growing is in the bits shaded by trees. Will try the lime, thanks.
  20. M

Moss in my lawn.

Hello. When I got my new house, the lawn was not in great condition. I got a weed and feed solution, which actually made one area of the lawn bald, because it was all weeds. Now I am left with some nice lawn, some bald lawn which I have re-seeded, and some moss sections. My question is about...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back