Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. G

Cleanup before new lawn

The pooch, Chipper, was actually my motivation to get working on the yard and get him some grass to romp in. The informal jungle was probably interesting for him, but just wasn't working when it came to frisbee time. Neglected the yard for 7 years, and it showed. Got the pooch from a...
  2. G

Cleanup before new lawn

new lawn This is a little off topic from the original post, but it just clicked today while using my cool little dethatcher to try to get the grass seeds an inch or two into the soil. In high school, I loved doing body work on my truck in Auto Shop - welding and bondo. I can't say I was ever...
  3. G

Cleanup before new lawn

I think I might've answered my own question... Started tilling a section of it today, and during the tilling and leveling, it became more clear where to pull out old bermuda grass, and how to even things out with the wood chips, dead leaves, and soil to take it all in a more balanced kind of...
  4. G

Cleanup before new lawn

I have about 3000sqft back yard area that I'm looking to prepare for, and plant, some tall fescue blend this spring - at least get started on a section or two to begin with. Attached is what it looks like at the moment. Just had 3 x 30-40' trees removed last week that had significant root...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back