Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. IronKnees

Salsa

Right out of the garden, the very last of this years crop... Fixing a nice batch of salsa... Probably will be a bit hot since some of the peppers are hot... Our son-in-law likes it WAY hotter than my constitution will stand though...
  2. IronKnees

Oh deer!!!

Ventured out into the sticks this morning awash in mosquito repellent, and was rewarded with 47 pictures... Here are but a few... The first four are at Carolyn's and the last one is in another woods.. In the second picture, notice how well you can see the udder... Dave
  3. IronKnees

Ready for the county fair...

Hi all, just a short note and some pictures of my canning entries for this years county fair... Got the jars out ready to use vinegar to polish them... I've always had great luck with these... On the general vegetables board I just posted the first of many pics of my veggie entries... Dave...
  4. IronKnees

Getting ready for the fair...

Well all, as many of you know I always enter lots of vegetables in the county fair... This will be our 27th year if memory serves. Now, these displays are nowhere near ready, as the onions need to be topped to one inch, and I wait till the morning that they are entered to do that... The tomatoes...
  5. IronKnees

Raspberry the animated doe

Meet Raspberry, the most animated deer I have ever seen... She almost always has either her mouth open (sorry ladies) or her tongue out and is always doing something unusual... She even gave me a picture that I used to make a happy birthday card for wife...
  6. IronKnees

Deer and stuff...

Hi all, Well, I couldn't stand the suspense any longer, and since we had thunderstorms knocking on the door, I went ahead and went to both woods to check my cameras.. I did get a picture of the doe and fawn at Carolyn's, but I had that particular camera set on low resolution since it's...
  7. IronKnees

Tater question

I just found something on my Russet potatoes that I don't remember seeing before... On one plant, where the blossoms once were, there are small, round seed pods or berries... Do these contain seeds??? I can take a picture if anybody wants me to... Thanks in advance. Dave
  8. IronKnees

IronKnees friend

Hey everyone... Say hello to Carolyn Ellis... She owns the woods that I take the deer pictures in... She just joined today... She is wonderful and should have a very warm welcome... Dave (IronKnees) :)
  9. IronKnees

What are these???

The lady who owns one of my deer hunting woods found these "mushrooms"??? in her yard and flower pot... She said she had never seen anything like them, nor have I... Does anyone know anything about them? Here is part of what she said; "Been on the internet and looked and looked and never...
  10. IronKnees

Onion Question

Hi all... Hope your weekend is going well... I have an onion question... As many of you know, I have grown red, white, and yellow onions for years and years... I always grow them from sets that I purchase at the local farm store... The catalog seed companies don't ship them early enough for me...
  11. IronKnees

Lets share pictures of our gardens!

I thought is would be fun to share some garden pictures, so here are a few of mine... I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures that you all add to the thread... Dave
  12. IronKnees

My garden update

Well everyone, I have everything in and going nicely... If you recall, I set the tomatoes out in late March in Wall-O-Water tents, and my early tomatoes already have blossoms... Here are a few pictures...
  13. IronKnees

Rain rain go away...

WOW! In central Indiana here, we have a little too much of a good thing.. Planting of corn and beans is way behind for the farmers, and I need to be able to get my potatos and a couple other things in the ground... :confused: Anybody else having this problem in your area?
  14. IronKnees

Garden update...

Well, I'm up and running, or perhaps I should say my "maters" and "omins" (grandson's pronunciation) are up and running... I also planted a raised, wide row of carrots a couple of days ago... It's been cold and wet and we are forecast to have snow showers for the next few days, but the...
  15. IronKnees

My fish pond...

While I was out planting tomatoes today and taking pictures, I took one of my pond as well... Still have some spring cleaning (of the bottom) to do, but it looks really good and the fish came through winter just fine... Most of the fish are ten years old and older... My lilly pads are starting...
  16. IronKnees

Planted today...!!!

Well everybody, it was finally dry and nice today and I got my tomato plants set out in their Wall-O-Water hot houses... The onions are also out... Sure feels good now that it's getting to be spring...
  17. IronKnees

Tilling...

Just a quick note to say that I tilled my onion rows today and will plant the sets tomorrow... As always I am planting wide rows of white, yellow and red onions, but this year since they also had the large sweet onions, I'm planting a bag of those too... Now for the question... I have tried...
  18. IronKnees

Oh my back...

I'm an IDIOT! Got up this morning, had two cups of coffee, and took Winnie-The-Poo-ch for her run on the golf course, then came home and had the brilliant idea to clean the koi / goldfish pond... The mesh cover that I use to keep leaves out got torn over winter, so I removed all the rocks...
  19. IronKnees

Tilling

Whew! I FINALLY got my garden tilled today... We live in Central Indiana about 40 miles north of Indy, and usually I managed to get a warm spell in Feb. to where I can open it up then, but not this year... As late as yesterday it was still frozen on top... The sun came out strong this morning...
  20. IronKnees

Wildlife pictures

Aww heck, I didn't know where to put this so chose this topic area... Just wanted to share a few of the better pictures I have taken lately with my trail cameras... Hope you enjoy... Dave

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back