A couple of wood ducks

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Kildale

There are lots of ducks here as they come to spend the winter away from the prairies.

Attachments

• wood duck.jpg
    wood duck.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 255
  • wood duck female.jpg
    wood duck female.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 266
I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET PICS OF OUR WOOD DUCKS, BUT BECAUSE OF THE SWAMP, i CAN NEVER GET A GOOD SHOT WITHOUT SCARING THEM OFF. tIM HAS TO BUILD ME A NEW BLIND SO i CAN SET UP TO GET THEM.
Sorry I am not screaming. Wasn't paying attention and I am not retyping it. LOL!

The wood ducks are not so inclined to accept humans as the mallards are. My brother-in-law and his wife feed ducks at their place and will have a couple hundred show up for dinner in the afternoon. The mallards are wild but will come within a few feet of you. The woodies hang back quite a bit.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back