acacia mimosa

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Evie

does any one knows if those trees will grow here in Southwest Louisiana.we have the regular mimosa( fringe tree) and it does fine.

Hi Evie I think the tree you may be after is called acacia dealbata. It's often referred to as acacia mimosa. If I'm thinking of the right tree, it's native to Australia. I did a bit of research and it said it would be ok in zone 8-10.....I hope I'm not barking up the wrong tree here (no pun intended)

Evie,
I think they will. I see them all over the coastal southern states. Have you seen any in your area? June is a good month to spot them when they flower.

I have not seen any .we have mimosa but I think it might be called sensitive plant it has pink flowers. not yellow. I know they grow in southern France .I am going to give it a shot anyway . thanks for the info:)

We have Mimosa every where here...love the pink fringy flower's but make to many seed they pop up everywhere.

Hey, Evie. Ken here with The Home Depot in the Chicago area.
I agree with Wombat and Crabbergirl. It should work in your area.
Two species of Acacia can qualify for mimosa. Dealbata, as Wombat said,
has silvery gray foliage, while baileyana has blue gray foliage. Make sure
you have well draining soil because acacias need little to no water.
Take care.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back