Advice needed!

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Small Hands

My seed packets got wet and germinated inside. The larger seed (peas, beans,etc) look okay and have green sprouts, but smell a little moldy. The finer seeds radishes, beets, are clumped together and are moldier. Should I pitch or plant them? Small Hands in MA :confused:

I would pitch all of the finer seeds. If you can get the beans, peas etc. planted right now they may do fine.
Welcome to our site, it's always great to see a new face.

This is what I would do if you can't stand to throw them away. What I did this season to germinate my seeds (I was having issues with it indoors) I just took the seed packs and threw them in an area, and labled the location. Once they sprouted I thinned them (I don't compost them) out and relocated them to get an even spread. The ones that didn't come up - didn't come up. I would think if they started to sprout and you tossed them in your garden you could thin them anyways you like and the ones that don't make it don't make it. IMO at least you gave them a chance.

Welcome Smallhands!

I agree with everybody. As Kya says the finer seeds maybe done , but as Mark says you can plant them in a test area. I personally would not rely on them but I hate not giving them a chance.;) Nothing is more disappointing than to plant seeds that do not produce.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back