Apple seedling

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Maggie

I planted 3 apple seed in this pot right after Thanksgiving but only 1 sprouted. I was suprised because it was from an apple that I was eating. It has stopped growing but hopefully it will start again. I don't think I'll ever see any fruit from it at my age. I just wanted to see if I could grow one from seed.

Attachments

• Apple Tree1.jpg
    Apple Tree1.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 319
Another seedling

I planted 3 more apple seed wed. and I already have 1 that has sprouted. If I can remember to I'm going to take a pic. each week to keep track of its progess.
I just happened to think my other apple seedling stopped growing when I transplanted it to a larger pot. Maybe it went into shock.

Attachments

• Apple Seedling 2.jpg
    Apple Seedling 2.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 330
I want to try some cherry pits. I was just reading about them. they need cold so going to dry some and plant them outside and see what happens.
Keep us updated with your apple trees.

I planted some cherry pits about 25 or 30 years ago, but didn't get one to sprout. If they had, I would probably have gotten what the parent tree had though, sour cherries with little flesh. They probably would have made good root stock though.

Apple trees from seed would turn out to be only good as grafting stock!
There is no telling what the fruit would turn out to be from seed, and are not really worth the long wait to find out!

The best way for apple seedling is to keep germinated seedlings indoors near you so maximum exposure to sunlight is possible.Keep the seedlings indoors for several weeks so they can grow stronger and taller. Water and fertilize with a houseplant fertilizer and household things.Harden off the seedlings before planting outdoors in early fall.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back