Arbor Build

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Elsma

I am replacing an old metal arbor and building a simple wood arbor should I make the arbor first and than put up or build once posts are in?

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Either way will work, and which you choose will depend on the situation. If you’re building one from a kit, it may be easier to assemble it at your work area and then move it into place when you’re done. That way you could work on sawhorses at a convenient level and close to your tools etc. This is especially handy if you’re using a chop saw etc with a cord.
On the other hand, if you’re building a custom one and want the posts in a very specific location, then I’d do the posts first and build it up from there. That way there won’t be any need to modify it to fit.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com