Been away.....

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

styxjustrocks

I have not been here in months. I have been diagnosed with an auto-immune disease, Hashimoto's thyroiditis. $$$$ worth of tests and Dr visits later, here I am. When the thyroid doesn't function right, that screws up entire body systems. The fatigue and legs cramps I had were soooo bad. I am feeling better. Lot's of my flowers perished cause I wasn't able to tend to them. So many of my flowers have gone to see way too early this year. I need to get outside this evening and collect the seeds.

Hey Styx,
Welcome back
Glad you got to the bottom of your health issues. we are going through the samething with my husband right now, we just found out yesterday , but they still have to do a bunch of test. Who knew the thyroid could cause so much trouble.
I an glad you are feeling better.

I see an endocronologist in Knoxville. He said 1 in 10 has thyroid disease. That is scarey. Wonder what kind of chemicals/radiation in the water are making us so sick?

Welcome back styx! Good to see you've been diagnosed at last and successful treatment has commenced, hope it all goes really well for you
I never realised it but the thyroid has one of the most important functions in the body. I seem to recall from my training, in the dim dark past, it secretes a couple of hormones that regulates a lot of important bodily functions.
Nancy, so glad Tim's finally been diagnosed.....

Welcome back! I don't know you well, but I know what's it's like to be too sick to garden, BTDT. I also am doing a little more these days and I hope you can get out and collect seeds for next year. Makes a body feel good to have lots of seeds, doesn't it?

Good to see you back and hope all goes well for you now. It is amazing what doctors can do for us now.

Welcome back, sorry to here about our health struggles. Lot and fruits and veggies can work wonders to build the immune system. Gardening is a blessing. Good Luck.

Welcome back!!!
I am so glad that you are feeling better.
If you need help rebuilding you garden let us know maybe we can help.

Good to see you found your way back with us once again,Welcome Home! :D Wish ya the best dealing with your health struggles - ( Ik it can be nerve racking as well as scary at times dealing with those health issues we sometimes face along the way of life - thoughts /prayers headed your way too ) :)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back