Berberis, barberries or pepperidge bushes

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Solidago

Hello everyone! I'd like to share with you my berberis bush! Now when almost all trees do not have leaves anymore, my berberis attracts all attention.

How does your barberry bush look like?

berberis-in-fall.jpg

barberriespink.jpg

barberrybush.jpg

more pictures here

Berberis thunbergii Atropurpurea Nana

Thank you very much for welcoming me on this Forum.
In case you wonder what's this cultivar? it is Berberis thunbergii 'Atropurpurea Nana'. It has a little red berries in the autumn and small yellow flowers in spring.

Thanks Solid!
I'll have to keep a look out for that one next year at the garden centres!
I have 2 Korean Berberis, I started them from seed and are in their second year!
They should take off next year! They have larger leaves and also large edible berries!
Will post photos next year!

Love them, thanks for sharing
I've got some type of barberry. Will try to get some pics
and maybe you can help me ID them.
BTW welcome to the forum, we have fun here and lots of knowledge too

Will be waiting for your Korean Berberis. I also have mini golden berberis, but in the Autumn it's not that impressive!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back