Blueberry bush leaves turning red with black spots in July

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Caleb88

Hello Everyone!

First post here, looking for help regarding a few of my blueberry bushes. Rookie gardeners, please go easy on us.

(Background) The bushes are northern highbush, about two years old, purchased from fast growing trees.com. We planted them two years ago with a mix of compost, organic soil and peet moss. We have a fabric ground cloth covering much of the ground where they’re planted to keep weeds down and with 2-3” of hemlock mulch to keep in moisture. They have wintered just fine in our zone 5b. I read somewhere that these young plants shouldn’t be fertilized right away so we have been waiting. We have a 4-3-6 fertilizer that I’m planning to put down soon. We have not done a soil test either.

(The problem) The leaves have started to turn red with little black spots on the leaves. it’s July and I’m guessing they shouldn’t be red right now. I dont know if it’s pests/disease/malnutrition. Any and all advice would be great. Thank you all for your time.

Attachments

• IMG_8163.png
    IMG_8163.png
    2 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_8161.jpeg
    IMG_8161.jpeg
    652.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_8162.png
    IMG_8162.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 86

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back