calcium amendment

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

mr_yan

Any thoughts on using crushed drywall as a calcium amendment in the garden. I know farmers use it.

My thought is powder it with a knife or rasp as dust the surface before I put down mulch.

I think of this as I have a bunch of cut scraps after hanging board in my kitchen.

I recommend it, it works well to prevent blossom end rot!
You do not need a lot, just enough to dust the soil surface and water in!
I crushed mine using a hammer (after removing a lot of the paper), but a rasp would do nicely!

You can lay it in the paths between beds and cover with mulch. The paper parts will be gone in a year, then til it all up and remix the beds with the path soils.

We actually put all the scraps from building our house in the garden and surrounding areas ( lots of scrap) it makes great fill too if you have a low spot in the yard. ;)

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back