Cardinals

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Maggie

I took these while looking out my living room window today. We have had more cardinals and doves this year than every before.

Attachments

• Cardinals 2.jpg
    Cardinals 2.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 334
  • Cardinal 1.jpg
    Cardinal 1.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 343
  • 100_0295.jpg
    100_0295.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 337
I've had a few Robins at the feeder this year but the Doves hang out in at the feeder all year I love to hear them in the morning, I have lots of Blue Jays when I put out dry dog food for them

A pair of cardinals eating at the feeders and I can't think of the name of the other bird.

Attachments

• 100_1856.jpg
    100_1856.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 339
  • 100_1858.jpg
    100_1858.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 342
That's a black-capped chickadee, Maggie. BTW, I have the music all prepared now and will probably get the parcel out the first part of next week.

I was really excited when I saw a cardinal at my feeder last year. My daughter has commented that we have more colorful birds here than in Oregon.

Dora

There are quite a few states that have the cardinal as their state bird. The meadow lark is Oregon's state bird and there aren't any of those in western Oregon.

We have snow buntings!
They are in large flocks and hang out along the roadways.
As I drive they take off in a cloud of white!
They must like the salt on the graveled sides of the road!
They arrive with the first snows in the fall and leave just as snow leaves! They head back up north to their breeding grounds!
We have a few blue jays that have fun attacking the farm cats!
Juncos are numerous in the shrubs and pine trees as are the kinglets, both will head north once the snows gone!
Haven't seen any cardinals, they are probably hanging out in the forested area on the north side of the farms!

Last edited:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back